Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

Panama City 16-17 August

Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:15 am

All,

Andrew (Superlite) and I will be diving offshore near Panama City, Florida 16-17 August. If you are interested in going to dive some vintage gear, then please PM either one of us and we will get you the details.
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

Superlite
Master Diver
First Name: Andrew

Re: Panama City 16-17 August

Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:22 pm

Have been hearing that water is really great right now in Panama City areas. Apparently it is the best it's been in a couple of years.
With lots bubbles to be sent bubbling and in clear water, Ron and Andrew (Superlite) should have some good photos of the Kraken in action along with the new artifical reef of 3 Air Force Voodoo jets. I believe these to be Korean era jets.
Anyway we are getting close to dive weekend and I for one am looking forward to Ron and I blowing some fantastic bubbles while having loads of fun.
See ya'll in the water.

Superlite
Master Diver

Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:27 am

this photo is from a previous trip to the "Bart". It is a Offshore Construction Vessel.
Caption would read "Waving from the bow".
the photo is of Superlite pretending he is warm and toasty.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:45 pm

Superlite wrote:this photo is from a previous trip to the "Bart". It is a Offshore Construction Vessel.
Caption would read "Waving from the bow".
the photo is of Superlite pretending he is warm and toasty.
Oh my god... An Air-2??? You are going to....

Oops, wrong board..... My bad.... ;)
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

Superlite
Master Diver

Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:36 pm

Well, Ron and I made it thru a great weekend in Panama City. We managed two pops to 100+ft and one drop on a bridge span, just 73ft. In all dives we had the pleasure of seeing Goliath Groupers from 150 to 250 pounds. The "Stage 1" dive was fun even though we managed to wind up on the wrong anchor line. It was a short surface swim to Better Bottom Time, maybe 100ft. Bottom was 103ft and no current. We managed to see a toad fish in a section of pipe. tried to take a photo but camera didn't like us. Something about a wrong memory card. That problem has been since remedied.
Second dive was on bouy tender, I can't spell the name, with bottom at 105. Had a visit by a sea turtle and two Goliath Grouper. One went inside the hull and one just swam around with us.
Third and last dive was on a bridge span with Goliath Groupers and lots of other denizens of the deep. Even stared down a small moray eel. He was politely staring back at us. Depth was a respectable 73ft.
It was a great weekend and I'm hoping we can do it again soon.

Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:04 pm

I had a great time diving with Andy as well. If you want to dive (vintage or modern)with a good group of guys, then look into diving with Andy and his friends. They were all expert divers. Hell, I've never seen a guy with such good buoyancy control in blue jeans, an old sweatshirt, and no BCD. 8)

"107 feet with no SPG, a J valve, and still back on the boat with 700 PSI?" - boat crew
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”