SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Fortune Pond August 24-27th - Revised

Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:38 pm

Fortune Pond August 25-27

Our Most Ambitious Fortune Pond Trip Ever.... 3 full days of diving... 4 dives per day... 12 dives each. It was just last week, August 24-28. We drove 8 hours to get there on Wednesday. Dove all day Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. And drove 8 hours to get home on Sunday. Whew... That was FUN.
Pictured left to right: SurfLung (me), Richie the Kid, SheriffDiver Ron

Here we are on the first day getting set up. SheriffDiver Ron on the left and Rich 50,000 Questions on the right.

Here's a still photo of me (SurfLung) from Ron's GoPro camera shot at about 70 ft deep on a cloudy day...

"Vintage Nitrox"... That's what we call it when we blend up some enriched gas and fill our vintage Twin 38s with it.

SheriffDiver Ron is suiting up with his Twin 38 Scuba Tanks.

These are Nemrod Snark III double hose regulators diving steel scuba tanks with classic "Dog Bone" backpacs...
The back plate is cut out to position a double hose regulator for easiest breathing.

Here's Rich suiting up for a dive with some of our Home Made Nitrox.

SheriffDiver Ron made this vintage style wetsuit with authentic yellow striping to match his Twin 72 steel tanks.

SheriffDiver Ron with his Custom Cousteau style silver wetsuit and RAID modular scuba tank system.

SheriffDiver Ron diving the Cousteau style gear at Fortune Pond...

Here's Ron again but with his "GoodGuys" James Bond Thunderball movie scuba equipment. It's interesting that
below 15-30 feet, the red suit looks black! We figure the movie was shot with lots of light in shallow water.

Here's Rich and I diving our Twin 38s at about 70 feet deep on a cloudy day...

Ron Shot this photo of Rich and I in our Vintage gear.

VERY Cool Hookah diving outfit designed by "Richey The Kid". Rich made up his own version of "Snuba" and dove it
down to 35 feet off the pier at Fortune Pond.

"It Works Great!" The floating hose helped keep itself from tangling and Rich had a very nice dive.

One more spectacular underwater shot taken by Ron with his GoPro... Rich with Twin 50s in the foreground. Me in the back.

The Intrepid Trio... SurfLung Eb, Richey The Kid (50,000 Questions), and SheriffDiver Ron wearing some of the
Vintage Style Scuba gear we dove on our trip to Fortune Pond.
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”