simonbeans
VDH Moderator
First Name: Allan

Re: Which backplate, Wings, and Harness?

Thu May 21, 2020 6:46 pm

:D www.vintage scuba stuff.com
Check out my website: www.vintagescubastuff.com

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Thu May 21, 2020 11:27 pm

Hi David

I was going to recommend you contact Allan but I see he has already posted. I've used one of his travel harnesses for years. He makes great vintagescubastuff. :)
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

James
Skin Diver
First Name: James

Mon May 25, 2020 11:54 am

davidthornburgh wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:55 pm
James wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 8:07 pm
I don't have much experience with mine yet, but the first 2 dives on it were with a DIY BPW that I made.... the plate is hand cut from a plastic cutting board. Works like a champ, and cost me $5 at big lots. Cutting your own might be a good short term solution, while you hunt for the perfect answer.
I've only used the cuttingboard plates (my kids use them too) with home made wings, but you can cut the tank strap slots to match whatever wing you want to use.

Respectfully,

James
Thanks, James. Any pattern handy? David
Sorry about the delay. I had hand drawn them, but I will have a better pattern shortly and post it up.
Respectfully,
James

James
Skin Diver
First Name: James

Mon May 25, 2020 12:29 pm

Please forgive the Draftsmanship quality... I'm still learning to produce drawings in FreeCad. My plastic plates start life as a Farberware Basics 11x14 inch cuttingboard. The oval handle in the drawing is the existing handle in the cutting board.
CuttingBoardTemplate.jpg
Feel free to message me any questions. And if you use it, I want pictures and feedback! lol
Here are pics of my teenager's (forgive the single hose reg...)
EricBPW.jpg
EricBPW2.jpg
I made the wing too.... It's a little smallet than your normal production wings.
Respectfully,
James
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Modern Era Double Hose Diving”