Bryan wrote:Bryans Triples > Robs Triples
Was there ever any doubt? 8)
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

Robohips77
Master Diver

Re: All hail the Triples

Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:29 pm

Gentleman, I have seen both sets. They are all MANLY tanks!!! 8)
First dives? 1967 and I never lost the fever.

duckbill

Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:50 am

1969ivan1 wrote:Ok, after some cursing and crying I have the triples all put together and they "appear" to not be leaking. Thanks to Bernie and Tom for all the advice and help on the phone and in emails. I definately would NOT have been able to do it with out them helping me and holding my hand ever so. 8)
Might these tips be good to share in the "Regulator and Technical Information" forum? Many of us have the old USD double manifolds, and sealing them can sometimes be a real booger.

capn_tucker
Master Diver

Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:32 pm

duckbill wrote:
1969ivan1 wrote:Ok, after some cursing and crying I have the triples all put together and they "appear" to not be leaking. Thanks to Bernie and Tom for all the advice and help on the phone and in emails. I definately would NOT have been able to do it with out them helping me and holding my hand ever so. 8)
Might these tips be good to share in the "Regulator and Technical Information" forum? Many of us have the old USD double manifolds, and sealing them can sometimes be a real booger.
Yes, please post your experiences with these. One of these days I hope to get my set of triples restored as well.. :)
Quick Robin, to the Voitmobile!

sthtxdiver
Master Diver

Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:19 pm

capt tuck plz dont hesitate if there is anytning that i can be a help of plz let me know regards
Charlie

sthtxdiver
Master Diver

Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:20 pm

sorry for spellintg i dont recheck i just try to type and off we go anyways give me a holler anytime regards
Charlie

capn_tucker
Master Diver

Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:17 pm

sthtxdiver wrote:capt tuck plz dont hesitate if there is anytning that i can be a help of plz let me know regards
Thanks, because my triples are going to need a lot of help I think..
Quick Robin, to the Voitmobile!

sthtxdiver
Master Diver

Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:43 pm

hi fellow divers i came across this pic which i though was pretty cool and i just wanted to share with u all regards

Charlie

kgehring
Master Diver

Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:39 pm

Bryan, Rob, Jerry and me all had our triples in the quarry today! An awsome site!
http://www.scubamuseum.com
Over 400 vintage regulators in my collection

sthtxdiver
Master Diver

Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:52 am

i bet it was maybe next time saul and i can make it .that will be two more sets of triples. ps is there any vid or pictures ?? regards
Charlie

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:39 pm

The triples RULE! I still have some "issues" with 3 leaks on the manifold, but still managed EVRY dive this weekend with them. I expect that the old manifold will need some work from the master TOM M in LaPlace, but for now I think I will enjoy them for a few more dives. I do not have any pics since out camera went chest up, but I do believe that Gary, Karl, Allan, and Bryan got some pics and video. Hopefully they will post some pics of the 4 triple sets in attendance at eh big PORTAGE event.

To my suprise they were not that negative at all! I would guess 4 pounds more negative than a 72cf tank! IN fact when they were getting low on air they were down right corky and floated!

sthtxdiver
Master Diver

Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:35 am

hey rob glad to hear u had a blast with ur bottles .rob may i ask what kind of orings r u using ? i had similar problems but then again i switched to buna n orings . they worked for me . regards
Charlie

sthtxdiver
Master Diver

Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:54 pm

sorry forgot to mention u might also want to try quads o rings(look like minature tires) they seal on corners regards
Charlie

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:07 pm

Charlie, the leaks are at the solder joint and the nuts. The manifold needs a bit of lead or whatever solder it uses. I tried a little trick today in the neighbor's pool, but it did not fix the leak either.

sthtxdiver
Master Diver

Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:45 pm

hi there sorry but im having a little trouble understanding where the problem is u say nut ? insnt there an oring before ?? sodering?? cant u use cold sodering like j b weld?? just my two cents worths regards
Charlie

Return to “Tanks and Valves”