Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
treasureman
Master Diver

Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:37 pm

havent seen the tanlks yet, were they part of the ebay sale?

William

Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:12 pm

The Tanks were on a separate Ebay sale by the same seller as the black regulator. I have a picture of the Tanks I can send to you. I have now seen a picture of a 3rd Black Regulator a friend owns. It has the same upright label as Dr. Sam Miller's and has a good bit of wear. It has no large number on it though. William

William

Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:35 pm

The 3rd Black Regulator also has a different Front Body, like the Body on the last Royal Aquamasters made with the large round Recess that used the Round Stick On Label. The Lablel used on it is still square though. William

William

Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:40 pm

I have a correction on the 3rd Black Regulator. I thought my friend owned it but he just had the Picture of it in his Archive. He does Not know who the owner is. William

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:50 pm

Here is the other black regulator that William is talking about.....Looks like a round label...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

William

Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:26 am

Hey Bryan and all. Can you tell what type of metalic coating is used on the body. It kind off looks like Tin or Galvinized and not at all like Satin Chrome. I have not seen a body with the chrome missing in such a large amount as this regulator. It looks like the coating just peeled off. I hope the owner of this Black Regulator will come forward and also let Bryan examine it, if he wants to.

William

Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:48 am

The Picture was in Dan Barringer's archive and he so generously sent it to me. Bryan was very kind to post it for us all to see. Thanks so much Bryan. I appreciate it very much. I contacted a good friend, who is a retired U.S. Navy Diver who used (all) the old double hose regulators from the very early 1950s to the late 1970s. We talked a good bit,over the last 3 months. Not about Navy things though. But when I sent pictures and questions about my Black Regulator, that communication came to a Screeching Halt. I have heard nothing since then. I am hopeing he is just very busy and this is Not something he can not talk about. It is common for the Military to have soldiers sign an NSA document about what they are doing for security. This was explained to us in 1969, when in the 82nd Airborne in Ft Bragg North Carolina.

duckbill

Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:09 am

Just tell him this is a "Need To Know" situation!

treasureman
Master Diver

Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:04 pm

It almost has the same greyish colour of crroded aluminum when it is exposed to salt conditions. The chrome or what little is tehr just doesnt look right. Is the can aluminum ?
Might this be a zinc plating first on top of the brass then a chrome on top of the zinc.

treasureman
Master Diver

Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:05 pm

What sees to be missing is the green zinc chromate primer that was on the other black reg.

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”