Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

More Vintage Equipment Divers?

Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:54 pm

Are we getting a lot more double hose divers or are there just a lot more people buying up all the regulators?
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

treasureman
Master Diver

Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:46 pm

i only bought the one, I think ther are more people buying them. They are just waking up to the use value vs the cash value of the double hose.

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:16 pm

You can't forget the "Elephants" who snatch-up the majority of the double hose regulators for their personal collections.

But I guess if you have the money whose to say how you should spend it? :lol:
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:34 am

I think there is more interest in vintage diving. I think also there are a core group of collectors who bid on very nearly every regulator that comes up on ebay. I have noticed an increase in activity on Royals for sure. I don't bid unless I am serious generally but it is as if some folks just throw out some bids which push the final price up. Actually Bryan, your in the perfect position to answer your question, Have you had more inquiries for parts etc? The more the better.

James

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:31 am

I seem to have been getting a lot of orders from customers in Europe and Japan lately...... Sometimes communication is difficult due to the language barrier so a lot of questions go unanswered.
I am anxious to see what the cold weather brings. Always seems to be a surge in intrest when people have more time indoors to work on winter projects and to prepare for SAND DOG III
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

treasureman
Master Diver

Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:15 am

if you need someone to translate to french or from french to english, I'm your huckleberry (for the european buyers). I understand a fair bit of Italian (hey i wanna piza) and can read passable spanish.

Thebn again to overcome to language, you go to www.bablefish.com, cut and past the text into the window, select the language from and to, press the button, and voila instant messages are translated with about 90 % accuracy. I use it when writting my coleague who speaks only portugese.

I also speak Pyrate..Argghh!, Avast, Ahoy mateys. er.. you be davey Jones now lad.. etc it is to laugh

treasureman
Master Diver

Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:18 am

Ok i goofed on the URL her it is http://www.babelfish.com/ a fair number of languyages are there, and it is so neat to cut paste and transdlate then copy it to word or email. works great.. you can also learn to speak other languages by putting in the bad words first, getb them translated, then try them out. After all in any langauage we seem to always learn the bad words first right?

scubanut

Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:16 pm

I am not sure if there are more people getting into the vintage gear, but I do know that there is a certain person oversea's who seems to be buying up all the royals with his last minute bid. I have lost a few bids myself to this person. Either he is collector or he is trying to corner the market on them. I did EM him with that question, but no reply.

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”