Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Nemrods's band clamp install

Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:51 am

Thank you so much for the excellent guide to cutting the notch in the reproductin band clamp James. Everyone should check it out!

http://www.vintagedoublehose.com/tech/bandclamps.htm
Band Clamp Tech article
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:28 pm

My wife, M.C., wanted me to tell everyone that she took the pictures! She is not the best photographer so this requires me to give specific instructions and this usually leads to a --well---you can imagine! Anyway, we are still on speaking terms and her pictures turned out very good I thought.
While generally my end results of a project are pretty good I am not particulary neat. I had to take great efforts to look organized for those pictures. Usually, I leave a trail of parts and pieces that begins at the mailbox, runs through the house, kitchen sink, garage, dining room table, basement, coffee table and ending somewhere in my shop building. Then I usually spend the next few weeks looking for everything but it mostly works out.
Glad to be of assistence.

James

simonbeans
VDH Moderator
First Name: Allan

Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:39 pm

Chucko and I just returned from a vintage dive on the St. Lawrence. These were his first dives on a wreck. Visibility 50+ feet, water temperature 73 degrees to the bottom of the Keystorm at 113 feet. Anyway, I had my mail held up, so I am sure that my band will be in tomorrow's mail. Your description on the band cut is superb. Your wife's photos are excellent. I can not wait until I get mine and fit it to my Broxton Chucko's tuned DA. Thanks so much.

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”