Fun video! Thanks for posting that up!

sitkadiver
Master Diver
First Name: Dave

Re: New Argonaut Kraken Owners Post

Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:29 pm

That's a great video! Very well done.

HA HA - "It's a neck - Ark..." Ha HA... :D
I do not believe in taking unnecessary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living. - Charles Lindbergh

Master Diver
First Name: Kim

Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:31 am

Excellent video. Well done. :D
Kim,
Ocean Trekker, Dangerous When Wet.
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men" Douglas Barder.

Master Diver

Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:24 am

YES :!: YES :!: YES :!:

Kraken 14-020 has landed in Australia today. :D

Pictures. Yes I did take them but I am have trouble posting them. :oops:

I will try facebook. :idea:
Kim,
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men" Douglas Barder.

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:09 pm

kimJackson1 wrote:YES :!: YES :!: YES :!:

Kraken 14-020 has landed in Australia today. :D ...
Congratulations and welcome to the group! 8)
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:28 pm

ScubaLawyer wrote:As previously reported, Argonaut Kraken 14-021 is home and now tested. Here is the link to a little video I made on the Kraken's arrival and first kelp dive. It plays best if you let the HD load for a while first and make sure the sound is on. Enjoy. Mark. ...
Mark, Thank you for an outstanding video! As many have already stated it was very creative and a real pleasure to watch. In fact, it was so good that I have shared it over on VSS. 8)
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:04 am

JES wrote:
ScubaLawyer wrote:As previously reported, Argonaut Kraken 14-021 is home and now tested. Here is the link to a little video I made on the Kraken's arrival and first kelp dive. It plays best if you let the HD load for a while first and make sure the sound is on. Enjoy. Mark. ...
Mark, Thank you for an outstanding video! As many have already stated it was very creative and a real pleasure to watch. In fact, it was so good that I have shared it over on VSS. 8)
Thank you all for all of the very kind words. I have had a remarkable response to the video from literally all over the world, including a guy stationed at the South Pole. It brings joy to my heart that I can touch so many people. I'm just a guy that loves to dive and have had the fortune to do so since I first used my dad's voit double hose 47 years ago. Mark
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Master Diver

Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:16 am

Thank you Jes. I'm glade to be here and to be part of this.
Kim,

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:03 pm

This week i will have the 2nd group of Argonaut Krakens finished and shipped to their new owners! Taking new orders again soon...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

MannyRevilla
First Name: Manuel

Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:40 pm

My Kraken 14-042 and VDH backplate arrived, was assembled, and is in testing/skills developement mode. Pictures will eventually follow once I figure everything out. I am not as experienced as many of you are so my approach will no doubt seem conservative.

2 things I would like to ask:

1) The Trident part number AA46 3/8 LP angle adapter I normally use on my inflator hose does not fit on the Kraken - might anyone know which manufacturer(s) and part number(s) for an angled adapter that will fit? Or do you all grind the Trident part flat?

2) I am experimenting with plugging the hose to reduce/eliminate surface freeflows as being the only person in the group belly down using a snorkel while everyone else is turtled and holding a conversation is odd. I just ordered Bryan's plug to try out, will a simple home-made one work in the meantime? Which materials do you use?

Thanks!

Manny

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:39 pm

1) Here is a narrow angle adapter that works great with the Argonaut.
http://vintagedoublehose.com/index.php? ... d=38302389

Take a look at the picture below.

The standard Trident elbow only works on the end port. It can be handy to point a dry-suit LP hose down, but for the top side port use the small elbow on the link to give the best routing for the BC inflator hose.

2) The first prototype mouthpiece plugs that I had made (from my drawing) were "home made". There is nothing special about it except that it has to fit well to create a good seal. If it doesn't seal well, it will leak.

Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

MannyRevilla
First Name: Manuel

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:49 pm

Thank you - I just ordered the part.

Manny

BigMike
Master Diver
First Name: Mike

Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:53 pm

Welcome to "klub Kracken" Manny! Testing/diving in the pool is how I was able to get comfortable with my double hose regs in the beginning. I found my Kracken to breathe much easier that my rebuilt DA's. In fact, my first dive with it was our shore dive in Alexandria Bay when we dove the wreck of the islander. I was getting more air than normal with each breath and thought that the reg had somehow moved higher. Bryan reassured me that it was just the "kick butt" high performance of the Kracken venturi that was ready to supply air to me. Don't hesitate to ask questions. It's how we all learn. Enjoy , Mike
You are never too old to start a new hobby.

sitkadiver
Master Diver

Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:32 pm

Herb dove is new Kraken last night in the Sitka channel. We had a great 57 minute dive( max depth 54 ft.). I think he's hooked on learning some new dive skills, like reg position and he enjoys tinkering with gear, so a DH kit is likely in the works for him.

Here are a few photos.

.50 cal casing:

I do not believe in taking unnecessary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living. - Charles Lindbergh

sitkadiver
Master Diver

Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:27 am

I was lucky enought to dive my Kraken two nights in a row. Tonight was a little more productive than last night. Found a couple pieces of steamship china and some glassware for the home.

I have visitors coming to town, so I may be out of the water for a couple weeks.

Clam in a bottle:

A shrimp on some dishes:

Here's a company logo I've never seen before.

The Kraken with all it's treasure:

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”