To Join NAVED,
1. Join VDH or VSS discussion group.
2. Own and dive Pre 1975 Diving Equipment.
3. Dive at any of the Vintage Equipment Diving events world wide.
4. Dive with a current NAVED diver and have them sponsor you for the membership.
5. Have AT LEAST one photo of you in your Vintage Diving Equipment.
Meet any item 1-4 and 5 and you are in. NAVED is a worldwide organization and anyone meeting the criteria above is welcome to join.
It's really that easy..... Please stop sending me $15.00 and then asking when your card will get here......If you are a card collector PADI, SSI, NAUI are the best places for you to go. NAVED is not. It is a social organization for VINTAGE DIVERS....Not ones that are thinking about vintage diving or have heard of vintage diving or saw Cousteau on TV as a child....NAVED is for divers that OWN and use Vintage Diving Equipment on a regulator basis!!!!
If you cannot meet the minimum criteria that we have outlined below please just wait until you can....We would love to have you as a member but realize that it's just not for everyone....
Photos are REQUIRED....Not ones by the Christmas tree, or in the park or with your grandchildren......You must be wearing your vintage equipment. See the post above this one for photo examples of what we are looking for
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB