Diving After Covid 19 Recovery
- My buddy Rich caught the Corona Virus just about a month ago. He and his wife Marie were both tested positive and had to isolate/quarantine at home. They had to miss our annual Fall Colors trip to Fortune Pond because of it.
- Rich got pretty sick for about a week. Aches and pains, diarrhea, and couldn't keep food down. Marie's case thankfully didn't get any worse than sniffles and cold-type symptoms. Interesting that the doctors sent them home with NOTHING... I always heard you have to treat it early. The doctors essentially sent them home to ride it out. Instructions to the effect of "Let us know if it gets really bad, we'll put you in the hospital".
- So, Rich rode it out and got better. He lost about 25 lbs but he would not recommend the 'Rona Diet! Last week he called up and asked if we could go diving on Friday after work. "You Bet!" was my response.
- We wore our lightweight single 38 tanks and went in for about 20 minutes. Rich brought a scrub brush to clean off our underwater menagerie. Water clarity was very good... About 20 ft. visibility. Max depth 24 ft. I dove my Voit Chrome 50 Fathom. Rich dove a single hose Conshelf with vintage pressure gauge and dogbone backpack. There's always some vintage in every dive we do!
- It's late October and we've still got a month and a half until freeze up. So, we'll probably get a few more dives in as Rich regains his strength.