Wazee Dive Report Aug 30-31
- Pretty good gathering of vintage dive buddies. Sea Hunt Jerry dove his vintage triples. Jerry brought his buddy Chris. SwimJim was there too. Rich 50,001 questions dove his Jack the Frogman "bushing" tank. And I was there diving my Twin 38s and Twin 48s with various double hose regs.
- Weather was very nice... Warmups in the sun between dives were nice.
- Visibility was disappointing. Day 1 we had about 5 feet viz at Sherwood forest and at Bluegill Alley. We found all of the attractions by memory and feel... I'm only exaggerating a little bit. But we did see some areas from 50-70 feet deep that had 10-15 feet visibility. So on Saturday we made two nice dives at those depths.
- Also on Saturday we saw MANY divers with Rebreather Systems. I saw a class being taught but even that looked like mainly tech divers. No sport divers... Just us Vintage diehards and the rebreathers.
- We had a nice dinner at Perkins Friday night and lots of good natured conversation.
- The last 3-4 years of scheduling Wazee into our summer dives, I have watched the visibility go from sometimes great to always marginal, to downright terrible ... I don't think I'm going to put it on the schedule next year. The viz isn't getting better... Its getting worse.