Wazee Vintage Dive May 25-26
- We have at least four divers (so far) committed to diving Wazee in Black River Falls, WI this weekend. Weather is looking to be fabulous. Visibility WAS around 25 feet a couple of weeks ago shortly after the ice melted according to Sea Hunt Jerry. I'm hoping it cleared up even more since then... Lake turn over, etc.
- For those unfamiliar with Wazee, its a former mining pit that's been converted to a park and diving destination. There are several diving access points around the lake and several underwater attractions. Sherwood Forest has a sunken Chris Craft cruiser. Bluegill has and underwater compass course, wishing well, and others. Water clarity has been 50+ feet in past years.
- Wazee lake is near Black River Falls, WI. There are two dive shops on the road to Wazee so air fills are no problem. There's a casino near town with buffet dining room. We stay at the Comfort Inn and get a free hot breakfast. There's also an Americinn, other motels, and trailer camping. Restaurants... 1-2 downtown and a Pizza Hut, McDonalds, and Culvers out by the Freeway.
- There's a fee for parking and diving... It amounts to about $13 per day. Camping is available at extra charge.
- We usually meeting up at the Sherwood access on Friday around noon and make diving and dinner plans from there.
- Here's a link: https://www.blackriverfalls.com/lake-wazee