ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Need USD solid bar manifold part.

Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:38 pm

Hello all,

I'm overhauling a USD solid bar manifold. Anybody got a #7 (828510 Back-up ring)? It's a flat ring, not an o-ring. Thanks, Mark.
Aqua-Lung Valve manual late.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Need USD solid bar manifold part.

Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:21 pm

Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:34 am

Unfortunately not - too wide, too thick, too white....

[Yes, I'm aware of the joke fodder this response gives - purely unintentional. Just trying to be descriptive.]

Any other ideas? Mark
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:16 am

Is the one from your valve the same size as the oring? If so, and yours is damaged you can get those from a local seal and oring supply house. If not damaged just lubricate it an re-use, but replace the oring. Another viable option that I have used is to use a second 010 oring there. If possible that one should be a 90 durometer hardness instead of the more common 70 d used for most of the orings.

I should have those orings, and maybe even the backup rings that size and will be glad to drop some in the mail if that's what fits... just let me know.

If all else fails send the valve to me, and I can try a combinations of seals until it works! It's not really complicated, and I can almost guarantee a quick fix and fast return. I will be glad to help.
The older I get the better I was.

kgehring
Master Diver

Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:34 pm

PM address and I will send you one.
http://www.scubamuseum.com
Over 400 vintage regulators in my collection

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:47 pm

kgehring wrote:PM address and I will send you one.
PM Sent. Thank you. Mark

Return to “Tanks and Valves”