ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Need source of valve copper crush gaskets

Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:51 pm

Hello all,

Need assistance sourcing a supply of copper crush gaskets to go in some old Dacor tank valves I am putting back into service, I have tried the usual (McMaster-Carr, Amazon, E-Bay, Home Depo, etc...) but no luck. I know there are some valve rebuild kits out there but I don’t need all the extra stuff they come with - just the crush gaskets. I was able to fine one new one that a friend had and took the following exact measurements. Any ideas on where to look?

ID:
13.38 mm
.527 in
67/128"

OD:
15.79 mm
.622 in
5/8"

Width:
1.27mm
.05 in
3/64"

Thickness:
.69mm
.027"
3/128"

Thanks in advance.

Mark

"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Re: Need source of valve copper crush gaskets

Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:43 pm

I go to Northeastern Scuba supply and get rebuild kits for Thermo Valves which is who made DACOR's tank valves. DACOR made the best!!!

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:06 pm

Thanks Jim. I'll check it out.

M
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

BigSwell
Master Diver
First Name: Kevin

Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:47 pm

as a side note on the Thermo valves that XS Scuba now owns and distributes, they are no longer made in Italy. I recently removed a PRO K DIN valve I have and noticed "TAIWAN' stamped on the bottom. I know a lot if not most of XS SCUBA stuff is made there but thought the valves where still made in Italy as their SPGs are, I think. I have the Thermo Valves Service Manual in PDF if anyone wants to add it to the manuals section of this forum, unless it's already there.
IMG_4954.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BigSwell
Master Diver
First Name: Kevin

Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:00 pm

and it seems the older HP3.5 tanks made by PST for USD used Thermo valves, at least on those I have (both 100 and 80) some used the Sherwood/Genisis slant valve, I have those too, odd valve with a special size burst disc. I have a few that I just rebuilt, have a look at the stamp on the bottom of these (the 7/8" neck). Made in Japan... go figure. The service kit for these come from XS Scuba service kit VKT-D. The copper crush gasket you are looking for might be this one: https://northeastscubasupply.com/copper ... n-the-usa/ Divegearexpress also has service parts available: https://www.divegearexpress.com/gas-tan ... alve-parts
IMG_4958.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Tanks and Valves”