DOXA WATCH BOOK--BEING PRINTED...

Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:39 am

A book on Doxa watches!

I have an orange faced original Doxa circa 1960s.

Clive Cussler had his Hero Dirk Pitt always checking time looking at his Orange faced Doxa. This made the watch famous and certainly very very desireable and priced it as much as a dozen RAMS --or maybe 2 dozen RAMS...The price is insane!

Pete Miller has written abook on the Doxa..Here is his anouncement;

Doc Sam

A lot of people asking me questions about the book.
This is what I know.

Doxa initially wanted to do a 100 copy limited edition of the book for the 40th Anniversary of the orange DOXA SUB. It was proposed to have the cover made of metal, however, this proved to be a non starter for a number or reasons. Cost and weight. As far as I know there will only be one version and it will have the cover posted in the movie I did a few days ago
Here is that version I just put it on youtube

The book is at the printers now. Doxa saw a colour corrected copy yesterday. It is just shy of 300 pages and 350 images. It will be hardback with the lettering and logos embossed in silver. I have attached a clearer image of the cover design. For those who have one of the new CD covers that shipped with the watches, it is based on that design. The paper will be heavy and glossy. Both Clive Cussler and Mike Fletcher wrote forewords for the book. The book will cost around 59 dollars plus shipping.

I think the price is bloody good. Doxa and I looked at the pricing on other watch books and they ran into 150 and 250 bucks. Our main priority was to make the book affordable so people would want to buy it and could afford to buy it. We don't know the shipping costs yet or how it will be shipped, but the book will weigh a ton so shipping is a major consideration for us.

Signed copies? Certainly possible. One suggestion is to bulk ship them to me, I sign them and then media mail them on for the US buyers. We will look into it. Prohibitively expensive to do that for rest of world guys. Sorry.

What I would like is to have Rick and Greg to sign some at Basel. I would like a few special copies to have Me (the author), Rick (the producer), Greg (the designer) and Clive (the Cussler) signatures in them. very rare............

Doxa was looking at maybe making a fancy shipping / presentation cover as we didn't want the book to get damaged during shipping. I have no news on that or how it would increase the cost.

OK that's about it from me. I would expect that the book to be in Doxa's hands within 2 weeks. We had to make a few textual changes yesterday. Very minor, so it is all systems go.

More news when I have it.

Pete

Justleesa

Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:08 am

another Miller! :D

Doxa watches

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:12 am

Leesa,

There should be a Miller in every family.

You got your limit in Roger..

FYI -Peter's Grand father has the same name as my grand father, father, my self and son--where did Roger's parents go wrong?

Cheers from Calfornia --where it all began,

SDM aka 21

Return to “Bibliophile Forum”