I received many suggestions on how to connect my Magnahelic vacuum line to a double hose mouthpiece so I can check cracking effort as I rebuild/tune my regs.
Hated to destroy a good mouthpiece but I found this old original USD one in my bin-o-parts that is as stiff as a board and would not be comfortable to use on a reg so I decided to sacrifice it to the cause.
I'm sure I'm not the first person to do it this way but thought I'd share. When in use I would have a wagon wheel and valve in the exhaust side of the mouthpiece.
First, took a Dremmel to the insignia to flatten the area:
After a little hand sanding I had a nice flat surface:
I drilled a hole and screwed in an air nipple resulting in a vacuum line to my Magnahelic. The nipple is nice and tight so I don't anticipate any leaks. Guess I could put some neoprene cement or superglue around the base but don't think it is necessary.
The whole project took about 10 minutes so now I gotta find something else to do.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968)