Just to be annoying I thought of a 5th DSV hose clamp option
Was browsing through the Cobra cable ties catalogue and saw their new Flexroute product.
This is a resilient cable routing system used in aircraft and high-end racing bicycles to hold cables parallel to tubing.
I immediately thought it might work as a combination thumbrest/clamp on the DSV...
- Soft resilient profile which will conform to the external diameter of the hose when installed.
- Rounded edges with natural thumb rest, no snag points... and the hole where a cable is supposed to be routed could be used to tether the mouthpiece if required.
- Recessed channel for the low profile Cobra ties, cannot overtighten and crack the fragile plastic Kraken can horns.
- No visible screw heads or horizontal striations.
- Cheap, quickly and easily replaceable if required.
- Black in colour so blends in with the hoses.
- Designed and made in the USA.
Negatives could be the channel only suits 4.5mm wide Cobra ties not the larger heavy duty ties which are 7.5mm wide.