Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: VDH WILL BE CLOSED...AND NOW OPEN AGAIN

Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:08 pm

captain wrote:Having gone through a hurricane you are now an official citizen of the Gulf South.
Having twice been though tornados that directly hit the house I was in I can tell you that a hurricane is NOTHING at all like a Tornado. Tornado hits you hard for a minute or two at the most and then its over. Hurricane goes on and on and on...Sustained high winds started around 5pm and didn't end till right at 2am and at some times the wind speed seemed to double and even in the dark I could see the trees bending out of shape and hear items hitting the roof and homes around me and could hear the power lines explode as they arced together. Very hard to describe and I would not wish anyone to have to go thought it.

Cleaning up again today, came in to take a break. Letting the roof dry out so we can walk on it safely and get all the limbs and debris off of it and then I should be able to open my work area back up and get VDH operating again.

It will take weeks to get all the mess cleaned up outside.....Now it appears the septic tank is completely full from the standing water so I guess I'll deal with that next!

Thanks everyone for your patience and support......I hope everyone is making a list for the store when I get it open this week.....I GOT A LOT OF CLEANUP TO PAY FOR :D :D
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

frogman63
Lung Diver
First Name: Brian

Re: VDH WILL BE CLOSED

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:18 pm

I am glad to hear that you made it through Irma.
We have been thinking about you and your family.

Take care,
Brian

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:48 pm

On Sunday night we were watching on a live webcam from Big Cat Rescue in Tampa (less than 20 miles from your area). It was impressive to see the trees moving.
The camera is live day and night. It goes into infrared at night.
https://explore.org/livecams/big-cat-re ... tiger-lake

I am glad you all are OK and that it wasn’t as bad as it could have been.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

georgeaustin
Master Diver
First Name: george

Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:10 am

We were very worried all week - very glad everything is relatively "ok" - I'd much rateher live in earthquake country. I can't even imagine the hours and hours of that wind and rain.

rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:15 am

My thoughts go out to every one of you impacted by this. I will say, however, that i certainly will accept the cold and snow up here as my "cross to bear" compared to hurricanes, tornadoes, earth quakes, mud slides, forest fires, locust, .........

Stay safe y'all, and hoping getting back on your feet goes well.
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

ebj
Lung Diver

Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:38 pm

Bryan wrote:We were up early with chainsaws and tow ropes helping neighbors while many others in the community bitched about no free WiFi and no fast food open..And how dare the utilities not be on already despite millions of outages.
Sometimes I hate my fellow humans..

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Bryan, you would be a great Texan!
We do same thing here, get out and help, clean up what you can, and get back to living.
Ernie

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:52 am

The Vintage Double Hose website store is open again for business :) Thank you for your patience while we dug out from all the gifts a hurricane gives.....PLEASE NOTE....I still have one shipment in route that was delayed in Jacksonville due by the end of the day. If you are waiting on regulator service tools please check back in the store tomorrow morning.
Put IRMA in the coupon box at checkout and save 10%...
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Return to “General Discussions”