Some Assembly Required...
- I'm going with brand new stainless bands and the Sea Hunt harness from Allan Klauda.
- Bushings and Valves. I bought a huge 1-3/8" box wrench for the bushings... The 1-7/16" wrench I had from some other bushings was too large. Anyway, Menards had a cheapy Chinese version of this box wrench for only $15. Over a foot long for good leverage.
- Using the homemade tank vise I have pictured in other posts, I secured the first tank and test screwed the bushing as tight as it would go to see how high I should wrap the Teflon tape. Then, I wrapped 6 wraps and screwed in the bushing as far as it would go with the box wrench.
- Screwing in the twin tank manifold valve is something that always risks damage from the wrench... Since there really is no wrench that fits it adequately. Well, this time I used an older, beat-up manifold as a wrench. I screwed it onto the valve I was installing and it gave me plenty of wrenching leverage without marring the new manifold valve. Again, test fit to find the depth and then installed it as far as it would go with 6 wraps of Teflon tape. Repeated everything for the other tank.
- The center on/off valve section can be challenging to get a good seal. I think making sure the contact surfaces are clean and smooth is the first step. Did that with OOOO fine steel wool and wiped dust off afterward with a paper towel moistened with food grade silicone spray.
- Assembly went well... I took my time and made sure everything was lined up, etc. I only had enough air in my other tanks to pressurize these half way (800 psi). They have been holding the same pressure for 24 hours so I don't think I have any leaks... We'll check better at higher pressure.