Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
stefeyme
Lung Diver
First Name: Stephane

DAAM turned into non-mag-like

Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:45 pm

Couldn't keep this for me ... As my 13 years old daughter found out that DH diving was much more fun than classic single hose and eventually decided to declare ownership on my DAAM, I had no other way but find myself a new one...

This time, I decided to rebuild a DAAM into a non-mag-like DH and without being pretentious, I'm very proud of the result!!!

This one has almost received the full stack - Cyclone, HPR, silicone diaphragm, silicone hoses, mouthpiece and duckbill (...) - just waiting for the new DBE' batch from Bryan, to get it 100%.

Instead of painting it like the original, I had it re-chromed to matt black hoping it will last longer.

This is how I got the DAAM...
IMG_0998.jpg
And this is the result...
IMG_1179.jpg
IMG_1216.jpg

I'll be diving it next Tuesday - it's bank holidays in Spain - I'm sure it's gonna be a great breather!!

Cheers!!

Stéphane
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: DAAM turned into non-mag-like

Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:01 pm

Very nice! Mark
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:59 pm

A VERY NICE! Said in my Borat accent
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:12 pm

Very nice work! You really brought that one back from the brink!!!

Jim

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”