luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Re: Argonaut News and Update

Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:15 pm

rhwestfall wrote:The Kraken (ports) are balanced, correct?

The Kraken first stage is balanced. The IP is very constant through the entire dive.

For an octopus it is often better to go for the simplicity of a basic downstream demand valve.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:15 am

Thank you Luis (and Bryan). What I was leading to was that with stable IP, this is an excellent reg implementation (though none of you need to hear that). The balanced first equates to a single set point (tune) for the second stage with predictable performance across tank pressure. This allows it to be tuned in a "sweet spot" with no compromise. As an octo, it's "majority use" is when things aren't quite right.... A regulator should be at it's best at that time. and not fluctuating. Combined with the Kraken DH, this is a great system! Again, thanks.
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:58 pm

Some of the best and most reliable second stages (single hose regs ) are just simple downstream unbalanced designs such as the Conshelf and MR12 and the SP109 came in both balanced and unbalanced versions. I am not going to say that a balanced/over balanced second stage is not a good thing but it is becoming a bit over hyped. When I look at my beautiful Kraken, all else stripped away, I see a Conshelf XIV with twin hoses.

Now we just need an Argonaut SPG with red face and Argonaut Dive on the face. B&G of course. I am in :mrgreen: .

James

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:48 am

Nemrod wrote: Now we just need an Argonaut SPG with red face and Argonaut Dive on the face. B&G of course. I am in :mrgreen: .

James
In Italy, there is someone assembling brass and glass pressure gauges with a white face and the Kraken logo on them......Destined for the VDH website store soon :D

The SE Argonaut Kraken for this year will come with a pressure gauge with a black face and the Kraken logo 8) 8)
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:54 pm

Bryan wrote:
Nemrod wrote: Now we just need an Argonaut SPG with red face and Argonaut Dive on the face. B&G of course. I am in :mrgreen: .

James
In Italy, there is someone assembling brass and glass pressure gauges with a white face and the Kraken logo on them......Destined for the VDH website store soon :D

The SE Argonaut Kraken for this year will come with a pressure gauge with a black face and the Kraken logo 8) 8)

rats, black face isn't planned for standard production? :cry:
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:51 am

Well now you have justification for buying an SE Kraken!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:11 pm

Bryan wrote:Well now you have justification for buying an SE Kraken!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Marketing department? Check. Spoiler alert, the same guy runs R&D, production, and customer service :lol:
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:42 pm

Oh well, guess I better start saving my dollars, I need, I NEED a B&G Argonaut spg :shock: . M.C. is going to kill me possibly. :oops:

James

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:52 pm

Nemrod wrote:Oh well, guess I better start saving my dollars, I need, I NEED a B&G Argonaut spg :shock: . M.C. is going to kill me possibly. :oops:

James
Just tell her Luis said it was required equipment for Cozumel this year... I'll write you a note if that helps?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:35 pm

Argonaut Kraken SE......Hope to have photos of all the accessories that will come with them later on this week. I'm working on a PDF outlining all the unique features.....These will be in the website store November 26th along with the Argonaut Kraken standard 8) 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:54 pm

I love how the Argonaut Kraken initials are AK as in 47. Seems appropriate!

Jim

Bryan
Plank Owner

Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:44 am

The Argonaut for 2017 will arrive a bit earlier than I thought.............All the parts for the Special Edition Argonaut Kraken are not here yet but the Standard Kraken will be early. Please look at the website store as I have updated the pictures. If you are interested in getting your Argonaut Kraken early and beating the holiday rush please E-mail me [email protected] and we can work it out.

Otherwise they will go for sale on November 26th along with many new accessories for the Kraken.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:17 am

Still not finished with the SE Kraken but the gauges have arrived. Look pretty slick if I say so myself :)

Bryan
Plank Owner

Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:57 am

Argonaut Kraken 2017

Bryan
Plank Owner

Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:33 pm

Some details on the Argonaut Kraken SE.....There may be more added later :roll:

Argonaut Kraken Special Edition 2017

Regulator come with both yoke and DIN connectors standard.
Body, yoke and DIN are C464 brass with PVD non magnetic coating.
Volcano orifice, HPR second stage, body retaining ring and most other internal parts are coated by Cerakote ceramics, a high temperature corrosion resistant non magnetic surface protection.
Spring pad is non corrosive, non magnetic made by Herman. :D
Argonaut Armor can reinforcement rings standard.
Brass and enamel main can label by Dave Ali.
Argonaut HD hose loop, DSV, ballistic nylon hose gaiters,eight hose weights and brass thumbscrews.

Included Accessories

Glass and brass pressure gauge with black face and unique Kraken logo.
Argonaut safe second stage with black and brass logos.
Dive knife with laser engraved Argonaut Kraken logo serialized to match regulator.
Other details as I get them compiled...

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”