Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: New Argonaut Kraken Owners Post

Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:29 am

diveforfive wrote:Just finished a pool dive to test out my new set up (still a work in progress). However, the Kraken breathes better than any single hose I've ever used. Its effortless.
Always glad to hear good reports from new Argonaut owners and thanks for sharing the picture! I realize it was your first dive with your new regulator but I suggest ditching the blow molded backpack as soon as you have the opportunity. They cause the regulator to be too high up and too far away from your back to get the optimal breathing characteristics of any double hose regulator and especially the Argonaut.

Here is a thread actually dealing with the subject of backpacks and their use with double hose regulators.

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=8771

And here is a link to a writeup with photos I did on the subject for new Argonaut Kraken owners.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qil2t8xvsr28y ... t.pdf?dl=0

Welcome to the group and hope you come back and share more with us in the future.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:30 pm

Argonaut Kraken DD-6 checking in somewhere off Jupiter, Florida a week ago.

Nem

Robohips77
Master Diver

Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:01 pm

Great pics. Thanks for sharing. I miss Florida Water!!!!
First dives? 1967 and I never lost the fever.

Drado
Master Diver
First Name: Eduardo

Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:31 pm

Argonaut Kraken AK-16-037 reporting in from Subic Bay. Got my Kraken wet on some of the wrecks here. Even with gray hoses, it's still easy to pick out the odd man out of a cart of gear. It generated lots of interest from some of the other divers who came from China. I had a blast explaining the differences between my PRAM and my all-new 2016 Argonaut.

Dove on the wreck of the USS New York (ACR-2) which used to be the flagship of Admiral Sampson during action in Cuba during the Spanish-American war. It was a rainy day, with the outflow of the nearby Olongapo river creating poor visibility up top, but it cleared up somewhat at depth (27m). The dive was conducted in the middle of the day, but it could've been classified as a night dive given the lack of light. Photo below is one of her forward 8" guns.

Not that sunlight is of any use inside the wreck anyway.

The Argonaut Kraken performed flawlessly! :D

frogman63
Lung Diver
First Name: Brian

Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:30 pm

Took my new DSV on its maiden voyage this morning in one of our local lakes and she passed all tests.
I made sure that she passed the surface swim test (the one that James developed in Grand Cayman).
Thanks again to Bryan, Luis, Herman and the rest of the development team.
Brian

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:36 pm

frogman63 wrote:Took my new DSV on its maiden voyage this morning in one of our local lakes and she passed all tests.
I made sure that she passed the surface swim test (the one that James developed in Grand Cayman).
Brian
:shock:

James

Bryan
Plank Owner

Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:41 pm

frogman63 wrote:Took my new DSV on its maiden voyage this morning in one of our local lakes and she passed all tests.
Brian
Thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

sitkadiver
Master Diver
First Name: Dave

Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:13 pm

Chris is not a Kraken owner yet, but he did try my kraken last spring and has moved into the Phoenix realm.

Here is a video he shot of his first double hose dive.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UAkJmC ... e=youtu.be[/video]
I do not believe in taking unnecessary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living. - Charles Lindbergh

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:04 pm

SwimJim Bach...
One Man and His Argonaut

- The Ultimate in Tech Diving, Rescue Diving, and... Color Coordination! SwimJim sprung a leak in his regular dry suit and so he strapped on his Dive Rescue Team suit and full technical harness with Argonaut Kraken regulator... Holy Moly that is impressive. And diving his blessed Fortune Pond, too! :)
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:58 pm

SurfLung wrote:SwimJim Bach...
One Man and His Argonaut

- The Ultimate in Tech Diving, Rescue Diving, and... Color Coordination! SwimJim sprung a leak in his regular dry suit and so he strapped on his Dive Rescue Team suit and full technical harness with Argonaut Kraken regulator... Holy Moly that is impressive. And diving his blessed Fortune Pond, too! :)
Jim is the Awesemo 5000

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

sitkadiver
Master Diver
First Name: Dave

Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:17 pm

One Man and His Argonaut

Looks Really good. I may have to reconsider my all black preference in drysuits when I make my next purchase......
I do not believe in taking unnecessary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living. - Charles Lindbergh

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:16 pm

If anyone has Wiki credentials they could update the photo for definition of SCUBA Diver and insert Jim's picture. He is the real deal.

Nem

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:44 am

One Man and His Argonaut

Oops... I forgot to mention: Photo by Jill Brown. (Sorry Honey :))
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:38 pm

Mark, (scubalawyer) just sent me this photo of his Kraken with the new hose assembly and DSV on twin 45's. They were diving off Dana point today. Very Nice!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

guyharrisonphoto
Skin Diver
First Name: Guy

Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:24 am

I am now a new owner of a KRAKEN S.E. Can't wait to try it out on my next dive!!

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”