swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Pearl Harbor day dive Fish Creek Wisconsin

Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:53 am

I dove my Kraken today at Fish Creek, Door county Wisconsin. Air temp 40? Water temp 39. The Kraken worked wonderfully! In the Photo is Mike Jajtner who happens to be my dive team leader at the Port Washington Wisconsin Fire Department. I'm on the right of course. I skipped the wing and used my drysuit for buoyancy control. Old school, worked great!!!

Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

swimjim
Master Diver

Re: Pearl Harbor day dive Fish Creek Wisconsin

Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:15 am

Coming out of the water at Fish Creek
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:35 am

Thanks Jim! I need a blanket just looking at those pictures :shock:
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

2THDIVR
Master Diver
First Name: Scott

Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:19 pm

Jim

I dove year round in the NE so I know what you have to go thru.

Yesterday the water temp was 72 and that now requires a 5 mm suit and hooded vest.
That's what 16 years in FL will do to you.

Scott

swimjim
Master Diver

Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:20 pm

It was actually quite nice. I remember one year when we surfaced after a 40 minute dive we had to break through about a quarter inch of ice that had formed while we were under water!

swimjim
Master Diver

Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:28 pm

2THDIVR wrote:Jim

I dove year round in the NE so I know what you have to go thru.

Yesterday the water temp was 72 and that now requires a 5 mm suit and hooded vest.
That's what 16 years in FL will do to you.

Scott
Sounds pretty rugged! LOL. I had my DUI CF200 with a Halo 3D undergarment and polyprop underwear. Dry gloves too. Oh and I use an Otter bay hood. Those are like 12mm thick around the top of the head. The coldest part of the dive is usually changing back into street clothes. Last week up at Fortune Pond in upper Michigan we were in 42 degree water for 74 minutes. I was good except for my right hand due to a leak in the dry glove.

kevin57
First Name: Kevin

Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:37 pm

Did you talk Al into diving his DH on Sunday? Had I known earlier about the dive I'd have seen you therewould really like to check out a Kraken.

swimjim
Master Diver

Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:56 pm

kevin57 wrote:Did you talk Al into diving his DH on Sunday? Had I known earlier about the dive I'd have seen you therewould really like to check out a Kraken.
Don't know who Al is, but if you don't mind going up to Fortune Pond up in Crystal Falls in da UP, the dive club I belong to will be doing an ice dive up there come February or March. The Kraken will be in action! Check out our website www.deepsixscuba.com for details. Note we haven't scheduled the ice dive yet, but it will turn up in future events when we do.

Jim

PS We do a bunch of trips up there during the warmer months too.

Return to “Modern Era Double Hose Diving”