Vintagediver
Master Diver

Voit Cyclone Navy Royale

Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:52 pm

For some time now I have owned two fully restored to original condition Voit Navy regs, and I've been asking myself if I really needed two in original condition. I soon decided that the answer was no; so with that being the case I decided to leave serial #2672 with it's Dave Ali re-chromed cans as my original Voit Navy and serial #2243 was going to the bench for some modifications.
As for the changes to #2243 I wanted to replace some internal components, and to give it a different look with a new mouthpiece and a new label. The changes I made on the inside were to replace the original first stage nozzle assembly with a new Cyclone balanced first stage, and to replace the original second stage assembly with The HPR; both parts from The VDH store. As for the outside and appearance; I already had a new set of gray silicone hoses on this reg from The Scuba Museum with it's original gray hourglass mouthpiece. But since I did want to give it a different look since it was now a completely different reg I ordered a new Voit curved black mouthpiece from The Scuba Museum to replace the original gray mouthpiece. As it turned out I really liked the look and contrast of the gray hoses and black mouthpiece. Now that this was all done I decided that this reg was in need of a new label with a completely new name. I contacted Allan Klauda to see if he had any round metal labels with tabs that might reflect what this new reg now was, and he did not. Allan did however suggest that I contact a print shop with any design ideas that I might have and that I could most likely have something made up. So with his suggestion it was off to the drawing board; or in this case the paint program in my computer to come up with a new label design. At first I didn't have any ideas of what I wanted; but after some thought I knew exactly what I wanted the new label to represent. First of all I wanted the new label to give recognition to what this reg once was, a Voit Navy; but I also wanted it to give acknowledgment to the new parts and modification that this reg now had, the Cyclone first stage and HPR second stage. After I had the label printed I fabricated a blank round label with the 4 tabs from some thin aluminum stock material that I had. This way the new label could be attached to the reg in the same fashion as the original Voit Navy label. The new label I had printed is on a bumper sticker type vinyl and is waterproof with an adhesive back. After I installed the new blank round label on the can I was then able to easily get the printed label properly aligned and attached to it. I've got several pictures I'm going to attempt to attach with this post; so wish me luck since I'm not exactly a whiz when it comes to this picture stuff. :lol: :oops: I'm already eager for the dive season to get here so I can try my "NEW" reg out. :D Well as usual I'm not having any luck with the pictures; so I'll have to come up with a "Plan B" to get them posted. :? Terry
Stevens1.JPG
Stevens 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The friendship of many has been inspired and created while together we've explored beneath the waves the wonders of God's creation.

NAVED Member #137
Member of The 2016, 2017 Sea Hunt Forever Dive Team

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Voit Cyclone Navy Royale

Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:09 am

You have been making good use of your winter break!
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

8dust
Master Diver

Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:27 pm

Very nice job there! :mrgreen:
Freddo
NAVED member #201

frogman63
Lung Diver
First Name: Brian

Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:35 pm

Terry,
Very impressive; I like the contrast as well. Between your post and the warm weather today, I am ready to fire up the Voit 50 Fathom and the double 38's.

Brian

sitkadiver
Master Diver
First Name: Dave

Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:55 pm

That looks SAWWHeat!

I also have a Cyclone in my Navy, but I ended up using my last HPR in a Phoenix reg. Thanks for reminding me I need to order more parts.
I do not believe in taking unnecessary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living. - Charles Lindbergh

Robohips77
Master Diver

Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:22 pm

Very Nice Terry. That old crap will kill ya. You better give it to me. :lol: Along with those tanks from Portage!!! :D
First dives? 1967 and I never lost the fever.

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:33 pm

That is one purdy reg Terry. Nice work on the label!

Jim

Vintagediver
Master Diver

Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:50 pm

Thanks guy's for your comments and compliments; they're much appreciated. Also a BIG THANKS to Brian and / or Ron for getting my pictures posted with this thread; since I had so much success in doing so! :oops: :lol: As for Roger; he must be referring to those Voit twin 50's that I told Roxann he forced me into buying at Portage a few years ago. :P I don't think she ever bought that story! Anyway; thanks again guys, and I'll be looking forward to seeing everyone at Portage again this year. Terry
The friendship of many has been inspired and created while together we've explored beneath the waves the wonders of God's creation.

NAVED Member #137
Member of The 2016, 2017 Sea Hunt Forever Dive Team

gj1963
Master Diver
First Name: Geoff

Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:25 pm

Nice work! Love the contrast. That is one cool reg.
-Geoff

Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:04 am

WOW! That's a nice piece of machinery!!! :D
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

georgeaustin
Master Diver
First Name: george

Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:42 am

NICE!!! Great attention to DETAIL

USdiver
Master Diver

Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:42 pm

Terry was diving the Voit Cyclone Navy Royale during this past Portage (N.E. Ohio) weekend. It's one sweet bubble machine, functional and beautiful.
Too DAAM Many double hoses, It's not a hobby, it's an addiction.

stefeyme
Lung Diver
First Name: Stephane

Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:54 pm

excellent job indeed!!

Return to “Modern Era Double Hose Diving”