Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Argonaut News and Update

Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:57 am

First shipment of the 2015 Argonaut Kraken are headed to divers around the globe! Regulators are currently in stock ready to ship out in time for your next diving adventure. VDH will be closed Feb 6th through 15th while we test future ideas and updates in Bonaire.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

refrat
Diver
First Name: Colin

Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:39 pm

Hey
That box on the top has my name on it!!! Woohoo!

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:21 pm

The Argonaut Kraken will be available again in the website store on Wednesday. Please Email me [email protected] if you have questions.
Kraken.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Bryan
Plank Owner

Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:01 am

Available for immediate shipment. DHL Global for international shipment is now available. Gets there much faster than before! See website store for details.

rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:01 am

Like the red "mesh" on the diaphragm. Very cool accent!
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

refrat
Diver
First Name: Colin

Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:51 pm

Is the red mesh an experiment in reducing exhaust bubble noise, or to keep cleaner wrasse out of the can?

Bryan
Plank Owner

Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:30 am

UPDATE on Argonaut Kraken Mouthpiece

CLICK HERE

Bryan
Plank Owner

Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:06 pm

New Argonaut Kraken regulators have sold out for 2015. I am polishing up a few demo regulators which will go in the store as soon as I check them out.

Still working diligently on the new mouthpiece and hose assembly and testing will continue on those and some other items during the November Cozumel trip. The Caribbean Luxury Divers will once again be double hose guinea pigs :)

Please keep sharing your video and photos diving with your Argonaut Kraken!!!

News and updates for the 2016 Argonaut will show up here as they happen.

BigMike
Master Diver
First Name: Mike

Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:19 pm

Demand outpacing the supply is Always a good sign! :D :D :D

Nice job! Bryan
You are never too old to start a new hobby.

rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:10 am

how many Krakens are out there now?
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

Bryan
Plank Owner

Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:05 am

rhwestfall wrote:how many Krakens are out there now?
Around 125......There are 4 left here that have been used for various demos or testing....One needed a yoke, those will be for sale soon and there is one at The Dive Lab waiting on some peripherals items before testing. I really don't remember how many Luis and Herman have?? Some were good some were sacrificed for experiments. I have one of my own and 2 that are not so pretty that I'm keeping around just because.

US, Uk, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Israel, Russia, Greece, Brazil, Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Malaysia.....Their numbers may be Spartan but they have definitely gone global!

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:48 am

Argonaut Update on the VDH Blog

CLICK HERE

guyharrisonphoto
Skin Diver
First Name: Guy

Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:57 pm

I saw the update. How will the new outside sources of parts for the future reg affect servicing the current regs? Will the parts for the current regs be made by the new sources? If not, will there be a stock of the current parts into the future? Thanks!

Bryan
Plank Owner

Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:53 pm

guyharrisonphoto wrote:I saw the update. How will the new outside sources of parts for the future reg affect servicing the current regs? Will the parts for the current regs be made by the new sources? If not, will there be a stock of the current parts into the future? Thanks!
Good question. Parts for the Argonaut will be made by new sources. No changes to any of the major components are being made nor are their plans to. We would like the Argonaut to follow along the lines of the USD double hose where updates were made but the updates and improvements worked on most of the earlier regulators as well. As long as I make the Argonaut, parts for DD-001 through 15-089 will always be available.

I'm not saying there are no plans to expand the line though :wink:

Bryan
Plank Owner

Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:56 am

Working with the new vendor on the 2016 Argonaut Kraken. Just wanted to do an update and let everyone know we are still moving forward even though it's baby steps at the moment.

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”