Herman
VDH Moderator

Re: Argonaut News and Update

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:43 am

kimJackson1 wrote:By the way Bryan I've been diagnosed as being eccentric with a fascination with the occult and the bizarre.

I hope that this will assist you in matching a Kraken with my personality. :twisted: :roll: :wink:
The sorting dive helmet says you must go to Slytherin house and your Kraken will have green hoses :)
Herman

BigMike
Master Diver
First Name: Mike

Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:11 pm

The sorting dive helmet says you must go to Slytherin house and your Kraken will have green hoses :)[/quote]

Herman, your comment made my day! Thanks for the humor :D . Mike
You are never too old to start a new hobby.

Master Diver
First Name: Kim

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:14 pm

Herman,

I do appreciate your humor. :lol:

The Sorting Dive Helmet has chosen well for me. The Mascot for Slytherin House is a Serpent and the House represents Water.

How ever the House colours are green and silver, perhaps my Kraken should come with one green hose and one grey hose to better represent the House Colours. That would appeal to my eccentricity. 8)
Kim,
Ocean Trekker, Dangerous When Wet.
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men" Douglas Barder.

Herman
VDH Moderator

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:46 pm

I am glad you enjoy the humor...guess I watched too much Harry Potter lately. :D
Herman

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:29 am

Production proof of the serialized tag that goes on the can of the new Argonaut Kraken.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Bryan
Plank Owner

Thu May 01, 2014 3:59 pm

Serialized tags arrived. They will be shipped with your regulator but I won't install them. I'll leave that up to your discretion as I know how particular some folks are about stuff like this. There is only one tag per regulator and once they are on they cannot be removed. Replacements are available minimum order is 100 tags. I had the samples soaking in saltwater outdoors for a couple of weeks and they still looked great. Your serial number will be stamped inside on the regulator body as well.
Luis and I thought these would be a nice touch.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sun May 04, 2014 11:34 am

If you have not seen it already there is a video clip on the main page of us diving the prototype Argonauts at 150' in Cozumel.

I am neither endorsing or recommending you exceed the recommended safe diving depth using compressed air with any type of gear.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Tue May 06, 2014 5:32 pm

Kraken Red hoses have arrived. I'm starting to put hose/mouthpiece assemblies together so I can free up as much time as possible for regulator setup when they arrive.

Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

Tue May 06, 2014 10:54 pm

Man those red hoses are the cat's pajamas. It's like you are dangling the carrot in front of us. First the custom label, and now the hoses. I am going to dive the snot out of this regulator this summer. 8)
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

Master Diver

Wed May 07, 2014 4:31 am

DD 11, do know what is so cool about the number 11. God though it was that good he decided to call one twice. :roll: :D 8)
Kim,
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men" Douglas Barder.

Master Diver

Wed May 07, 2014 4:34 am

My previous post should have read "God thought it was so good he decided to call it one twice" :roll: :lol: 8)
Kim,

Bryan
Plank Owner

Fri May 09, 2014 9:50 pm

Happy Friday Kraken fans!

Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

Fri May 09, 2014 10:55 pm

Are the new high speed clips fast attach style clips? They look similar to military ones. Can you reuse them?
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Sun May 11, 2014 3:23 pm

What a truly outstanding regulator!

Bryan & Luis, without question this has to be your crowning achievement. 8)
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sun May 11, 2014 10:34 pm

slonda828 wrote:Are the new high speed clips fast attach style clips? They look similar to military ones. Can you reuse them?

They are not reusable but I really like how easy they are to put on and the streamlined look....

I plan to outfit the Argonaut Krakens with them on the mouthpiece end and on the horn side use the standard clamp and small thumbscrews that Luis is so fond of. That way you can remove your hose loop without tools for rinsing or travel. Very rarely do you disassemble the mouthpiece end unless there is a problem or for annual inspection. I'll have the ties avail in the store pretty soon. LaSprirotechnique used a similar tie on the Royal Mistrals in the 70's...

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”