swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Better late then never.... Fortune Pond September 2017

Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:02 pm

I've been hanging on to this video for a while. I finally ran out of excuses when my son built my new computer and I had to figure out the new software. This was taken at Fortune Pond in September 2017. We had beautiful weather and Super nice vis. My Uncle brought his Phantom 4 drone up and got some really nice shots. Here it is....

https://vimeo.com/300599941

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Re: Better late then never.... Fortune Pond September 2017

Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:15 pm

Great video Jim! Thanks for posting. Nice mesh of narration, sound effects, and music. I notice you also did some color correction in some of the underwater shots. We sure had a lot of fun diving up at Fortune this year. :)
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:24 pm

My son built me a new computer which is half Mac. I have been using Finalcut Pro for the last several years, which is a great editing program. As Imovie is free I thought I would give it a try. It works rather well, so I'm not going to cough up the $300.00 to put Finalcut on the new machine.
That was a great weekend. I remember you could see the mirror from the dock. The mirror for those who don't know is sixty feet down. The vis shallow was a little challenged this year for some reason. But deep, it was still super nice. I'd like to organize an ice dive up there this winter. We'll see how that pans out. Ice diving has a rather short participation list. Too bad too, I really enjoy it!

EHowe
Master Diver
First Name: Edward

Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:02 pm

Looks like a great time. I noticed one guy with the mini doubles set up similar to mine. Very sweet for diving doublehose. One of these years i'm gonna make the drive and meet up with you guys. I'll be filling whatever room is left in the truck with Spotted Cow. :wink:

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”