SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Sea Hunt Night 2018

Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:23 am

Successful Sea Hunt Night 2018
- Once again Sea Hunt Jerry and our friends at Aqua Venture Dive Shop have put together a successful celebration of the Sea Hunt TV show and Vintage Double Hose diving. We didn't get to counting heads until after a few had gone home but, we finished the evening with 17 divers eating pizza and watching Sea Hunt episodes on the big projection screen.
- This evening was an event that almost didn't happen: It was originally planned for April 10th and Jerry had over 20 divers planning to go. But as usual most didn't get around to calling AquaVenture to give their credit card and $10 to reserve the night. So it got cancelled that night because the dive shop didn't think anyone was coming. Jerry re-scheduled for last night (the 24th) and this time everyone put in their reservations!
- Sea Hunt Jerry truly is our "Fearless Leader" on this event. He rallied everybody to sign up for it. Then, he loaded his van with about 3 tons of double hose regulators, tanks, fins and masks so that everyone who came got a chance to try vintage style diving in the AquaVenture training pool. We dove from about 5:30 to 7:00, then they let us use their training classroom and AV equipment to show Sea Hunt Episodes and eat a bunch of pizza and pop.
- A big thanks to Sea Hunt Jerry and the Aqua Venture staff for putting on such a fun get together. :)
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Sea Hunt Night 2018

Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:26 am

Sounds like a great time was had by all.
Nothing stands in the way of The Cow!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

couv
Master Diver

Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:40 am

Sounds like a great time. Not that it matters, however I'm curious as to what episodes were shown?
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:52 pm

Seahunt episodes shown
1.Briefcase 2.Cave diving 3,Treasure Hunt(Same girl as in Cave diving now has Blonde hair)4.The Female (Gracie Bond a naughty diver)
5.Sea Serpent(Spock)

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:41 pm

I'd ask that pictures from the event be posted but I'm highly concerned some might include Jerry in his Speedos. Some things you just can't unsee. :shock:
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”