SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

Re: Scuba Heritage Days White Star Ohio Sept 17th and 18th

Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:59 pm

Hi Greg,
Great to hear,still wish to dive Gilboa on Friday.
Saw Rob at Door county yesterday :D

SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:38 pm

Hi,
I'm diving Gilboa Friday Sept 16ht and Whitestar earlier in the week.
Any one wish to join me and my friends/
Moo,Jerry

USdiver
Master Diver

Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:51 pm

I plan on attending, probably will bring along some family too.
Too DAAM Many double hoses, It's not a hobby, it's an addiction.

Robohips77
Master Diver

Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:25 pm

Dan Benedict and I will be there probably five gilboa on Friday and white star on Saturday may stay in Findlay or BG not sure
First dives? 1967 and I never lost the fever.

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:27 pm

We just booked a room at the Days Inn on East Wooster in Bowling Green. Come join us and enjoy the fine furnishings and in ground pool. Rate is about 100 a night. Slonda has a great story about what awaited him in his room one year when he checked in. :D

TomcatPC
Skin Diver
First Name: Mark

Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:21 pm

Is anyone camping out near White Star?
Mark

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:45 pm

1969ivan1 wrote:We just booked a room at the Days Inn on East Wooster in Bowling Green. Come join us and enjoy the fine furnishings and in ground pool. Rate is about 100 a night. Slonda has a great story about what awaited him in his room one year when he checked in. :D
Center court at this location is known for after hours gear swapping, beer drinking and hose cutting stories....All are welcome!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:23 am

For someone who ones to camp
CAMPING AT WHITE STAR
Camping is just across the street from the entrance to White Star Quarry

Across the street from the quarry, the Sandusky County Park District operates a campsite, open April 15 - November 15. The campground has four primitive and four electric sites that allow a "first-come-first-served" self-registration and payment system similar to the diving operation at a kiosk at the park entrance. New in 2016, All the other sites require an online reservation and payment. Follow the link below to check availabilty and to reserve your site.

Campers are allowed up to 8 people per site, with 2 tents OR 1 camper & 1 tent per site. Each site includes a table and a fire ring.

"Primitive" sites are $15 per site per night.

Sites with water hook-up & electric hook-up are $25 per site, per night. There are 21 sites with 30 amp service and those sites are 45' long and 15' wide. Site #26 and site #27 are pull-through sites with 50 amp service and those sites are 88' long and 15' wide. Each site includes a table and a fire ring. Dump station is FREE. There is Firewood available at the campsite for $5 per bundle.

The scuba concession does not operate the campsite. Questions can be directed to the Park District Office in Fremont: 419-334-4495
Click for Campsite Reservations
TELL EVERYONE YOU ARE DIVING AT WHITE STAR QUARRY
If you visit a local restaurant, store, or hotel, be sure you let them know you are diving in the quarry and visiting the park. Much of the revenue for the Sandusky County Parks is made available through the voters living and working in Sandusky County. The local businesses of Sandusky County do not always appreciate the economic impact that Divers who visit White Star Quarry have on the local economy. Your help as "Ambassadors" to the importance diving has on their lively hood makes the money you spend go a long way in the improvements and maintenance that we can do at the park. Diver fees are only a small part of the overall budget of the Sandusky County Parks and the millages passed by voters are what keeps the park going.
NEARBY ACCOMODATIONS
The largest accumulations of hotels in the area for you to stay at are in Fremont to the west and Perrysburg to the East.
There are many hotels that are in the area that are perfectly good hotels and motels that may have not made this list. These recommendations are for hotels that have gone out of their way to cater to the divers of White Star Quarry.

Ramada Inn
Perrysburg, OH - 26 minutes
(419) 837-9500
Hampton Inn & Suites
Fremont, OH - 23 minutes
(419) 332-7650
More to Come
More to come
More to come
More to come

See Google Map
FEATURED MERCHANTS
Kate and Al's Bar and Grill
This little bar in the town center caters to the whole family with a large menue including burgers, pizzas, grinders and other specialties.
Kirwen's Market
A small town grocery store for all your campout and cook out needs.
Pizzanellos Pizza
Delivers late to White Star Quarry Campground

901 South Main St.
Gibsonburg, OH 43431
419.637.DIVE
White Star Quarry © 2013 | Privacy Policy
Site By ScubaWebHosting, LLC

BigMike
Master Diver
First Name: Mike

Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:47 pm

Planning on being at Gilboa on friday. The viz last year was amazing and I enjoyed getting "stink-eye" from all of the fish that realized that I wasn't feeding them. If someone wants to share a room at the Days inn, let me know via PM. Mike
You are never too old to start a new hobby.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:18 pm

BigMike wrote:Planning on being at Gilboa on friday. The viz last year was amazing and I enjoyed getting "stink-eye" from all of the fish that realized that I wasn't feeding them. If someone wants to share a room at the Days inn, let me know via PM. Mike
Glad to hear you can make it!
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

1969ivan1
Plank Owner

Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:57 pm

Hey Mike that is great that you are coming again this year. I think Greg needs a roommate still. Also a big thanks to the Cow for the great info. I am excited to see all the cheap NIB Voit two hose regs the Cow is bringing to sell cheap at the swap meet.

SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:19 pm

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

1969ivan1
Plank Owner

Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:40 am

We are getting down to the wire on the Diving Heritage Days at WS........ Anyone that wants to save on shipping get with me asap and I can bring just about anything from The Scuba Museum so you can save on shipping. Please don't wait until the last minute email me asap and we will try to make it happen. I still have a few Sea Hunt Forever shirts in sizes from Small to 3X available.
Don't forget hoses, FX cans and mouthpieces also.

USdiver
Master Diver

Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:52 pm

Looks like the Mrs. and I will be arriving on Friday for Gilboa, then on to WS for Sat and possible Sun diving too. See you there.

Double hose city coming up. We'll be staying in BG, Days Inn or Hampton Inn (wife's idea of camping).
Too DAAM Many double hoses, It's not a hobby, it's an addiction.

Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:33 pm

1969ivan1 wrote:We just booked a room at the Days Inn on East Wooster in Bowling Green. Come join us and enjoy the fine furnishings and in ground pool. Rate is about 100 a night. Slonda has a great story about what awaited him in his room one year when he checked in. :D

Ask for the honeymoon suite, preloaded with a big old week old deuce in the terlet, and tell them I sent you :lol: :lol:

I reminded the wife unit about this and she was dying laughing. I love that place man.
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”