bbain
Vintage Diver

Bonaire or Grand Cayman?

Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:09 pm

It's been a tough winter. Ginny slipped and fell in the great Atlanta ice storm and spent 24 hours stuck out on I-285 with 4 broken ribs. She's finally healed and I'm now getting grief since I hadn't planned our next dive trip already (those of you who know Ginny can readily understand!). On her bucket list is Stingray City, but I'm partial to going back to Bonaire for some nice, easy, low-stress diving. So, I will seek the wisdom of the group: For the first trip since the last time we were in Bonaire with Herman, which would you go to?

The timing would likely be late July to early August due to family and work commitments. Offlist is fine, but any insight to questions like will I get hassle because of using my Phoenix would be much appreciated, as would any recommendations.

Thanks in advance!

Bill

simonbeans
VDH Moderator
First Name: Allan

Re: Bonaire or Grand Cayman?

Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:27 pm

Toss up. I like both venues. If you go to GC, I would highly recommend Sunset House. Easy diving, well organized and efficient. The shore diving is again 24/7, however Nitrox is not included. The boat dives are excellent. l haven't been there in a few years but plan on going back soon. If a special person wants to do the Sting Ray City, then I think you have your answer.

This photo shows that Phoenix Double Hose regulators are NO issue on GC: (Photo courtesy of Haas Photography, Inc.)
Check out my website: www.vintagescubastuff.com

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Re: Bonaire or Grand Cayman?

Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:26 pm

I think Allan hit the nail on the head! If your SO wants Sting Ray City, that's where your going. Don't worry, it's a win, win!

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”