Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Roll-Call for Portage 2013

Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:44 pm

Headed up north in the morning see you soon
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

8dust
Master Diver

Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:18 am

Regrettably, fate has reared its ugly head in the 11th hour and I'm not going to make it after all. :(

Would really have liked to see everyone, especially those who didn't make it to the springs, but that's how the best of plans go sometimes. I hope this won't be Jeff's last year and that the event will be well attended.
Please take and post plenty of photos and I'll see everyone at SD XI !!! :mrgreen:

Ps. If you got closed-out of the "cool people" hotel, my room is now available. :wink:
Freddo
NAVED member #201

USdiver
Master Diver

Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:08 pm

We'll miss you Fred, sorry you can't make the trip this year.

The family and I are leaving in a few hours for the trip to Portage. Let's get wet!!!!

George
Too DAAM Many double hoses, It's not a hobby, it's an addiction.

BigMike
Master Diver
First Name: Mike

Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:48 pm

Despite being so much closer to home, I won't be able to make it to Portage. I need to be in KC this weekend so the time just wasn't there. I hope that everyone has a great time and you have great viz. Looking forward to next years SD. Mike
You are never too old to start a new hobby.

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:45 pm

It was a great time as usual. Jeff Rice, Monica and Portage Quarry out did themselves. We had a great showing of vintage divers and in fact I know for sure we had one impromptu dive that had at least 12 vintage divers entering the water at one time. Needless to say it was crowded at the silo when the fish feeding frenzy started. I think Joe's face will heal up just fine. There where all sorts of weird double hose regs. There were 2 Coatian Duro Dakovics in the water. A OEM over pressure, 2 Argonaut prototypes, many FX 50 Fathoms, RAMS, Divair,Jet Airs, Dacor Diving Lungs, Mistrals, and many more.
The trading was fast and furious as well. I think the Cow sold several Trieste NIB for 10 bucks each. He has plenty more and would like to be emailed a lot about it 8) .
I almost sold out of USD Mistral shirts and will be making a run soon so if you need something get with me asap.
The viz at the quarry was 20 plus feet and a nice 75 degrees above the thermocline. We had good weather save for one quick shower on Saturday during Alec's Sea Hunt presentation.
Jeff made sure we got some good Mexican food YUM.

I can't wait until next year. The swap meet will be giant then.

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”