JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Re: Sand Dog X Make Plans Now To Attend

Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:37 am

Bubblehead628 wrote:What time is everyone planning to be at Alexander Springs?
There is not a set time that I know of.

Remember, Alexander Springs is approximately 1-hour from the hotel, so it won't be really early.
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:57 am

JES wrote: There is not a set time that I know of.
No schedule....No set time...show up...go diving...have fun. Historically Alexander is a much easier park to sign in and out of for divers.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Popeye
Master Diver

Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:54 am

Received Email from Freddo about his arrival this Pm for St. Andrews Jetty dive and then food and beers at JMichael's this evening,before he heads to SD to wash the salt water off...

Herman
VDH Moderator

Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:25 pm

Truck is packed, coffee made for in the morning.....See you ladies and gents tomorrow afternoon....about 3ish if the GPS is correct and the traffic OK.
Herman

captain
Plank Owner

Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:29 pm

Sorry I'll have to miss you guys this year. As Bryan and Rob already know I had been having an issue with an erratic heart rhythm. A procedure was done a couple of weeks ago that seems to have corrected the problem. I will be seeing the doctor at the end of the month and hopefully get cleared to get wet again. Have fun.
Captain

8dust
Master Diver

Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:59 am

Feel better soon, Tom. We'll miss you!

My truck did ineed decide to go the long way on me. Powered our way down here for quick sightseeing at Morison, couple laps around the rocks at St Andrews, most excellent dinner-stories-beer with Adm. Bernie, and a beautiful night walk on the snow-white sand.... This place really couldn't be any better.

Pointing east in the AM and stopping for a drift dive on the rainbow river about lunch time, then on to find you jokers in Orange City at motel or Blue Spring.

There does seem to be a problem with the motel number tonight as I called to check reservation and it rang some gal's room. It was at the motel, but went straight to her guest room. After time #3 she wasn't really happy about it and clearly just wanted some sleep.
Freddo
NAVED member #201

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:28 am

Are you dialing 1-386-775-4522 :?:
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:27 pm

captain wrote:Sorry I'll have to miss you guys this year. As Bryan and Rob already know I had been having an issue with an erratic heart rhythm. A procedure was done a couple of weeks ago that seems to have corrected the problem. I will be seeing the doctor at the end of the month and hopefully get cleared to get wet again. Have fun.
I hope you feel better soon Tom.

James

Bubblehead628
Skin Diver
First Name: Doug

Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:18 pm

It was great to meet everyone at Sand Dog X (Bryan, Herman, Henry, Swimjim, 1969van1, Ivan’s Mermaid, Nemrod, JES, Allan, & Big Mike) sorry if I forgot anyone, limited brain capacity and CRS not a good combo. Thank you Herman for teaching me how to use a DH and being my personal DM and thank you Henry for loaning me your Phoenix reg. It looks like I’ve gotten hooked and will likely succumb to the disease, there are worst ways to go I suppose. I don’t care what they say, you guys are an alright bunch, maybe a little off-center and that’s OK with me. I’m looking forward to getting my DA squared away and thanks to Herman, who gave me my first regulator tool, a nozzle assembly tool, I’m going to give it a go. Knowing Bryan and all are on hand in case I get in a bind gives me comfort. Also I know that I can send all the pieces to Bryan to put together if it all goes south. I had a good time, hope to make the next one.

Doug

Herman
VDH Moderator

Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:01 pm

I am back home after dropping Henry off. It was a great weekend with friends old and new. I full expect to see some photos start showing up soon. If any of you got a good...or poor for that matter shot of the Dacor I would like copies...and I will not tell anyone you used a light. :)
Herman

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:09 pm

What a great time Sand Dog was! I have moved back up the Eastern seaboard some to South Carolina. But in a few brief days it's back to Wisconsin. I'll be there on Saturday afternoon. Once there I can post pictures and start working with my video clips.
I didn't get much dry land stuff as I was busy talking and carrying on, but I got some fun underwater stuff. It was great to see ya'll! :wink:

Jim

Bryan
Plank Owner

Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:08 pm

Jillian drew a picture for us...this is the new sand dog mascot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

8dust
Master Diver

Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:18 am

What a wonderful weekend! :D I haven’t had 4 days in a row that good since I don’t know when!!! Great stop at the Admiral’s in PCB, great float down the Rainbow River, and two fantastic days of diving the springs and “fellowshipping” with yall!!! I don’t think we even sat in more than about 5-10 minutes of traffic in the 1500+ miles we drove.

The accommodations, the food, the sites, the dives,... Really could not have been better. :!:

Thanks most of all to the rest of you who came, for just being you! We’re an eclectic, and possibly even an eccentric, bunch of individuals to be sure, but therein lies the group’s greatest strength. No matter the challenge, somebody’s been there / done that, and is ready to jump in with advice and assistance. Further still, the people I’ve met over the years through VDH have a conspicuous and profound streak of decency running through them which sets our Merry Band above and beyond other groups drawn together by common interest. No doubt there are clubs of hot-rodders and historical reenactors populated by many very nice people, but to a man (and woman), every single person connected with VDH that I’ve come to know, has always gone out of their way to offer their friendship and support to an uncommon level. It’s pure supposition, but it may be due in part to an inter-dependence resulting from all this touchy, old, nostalgic gear, combined with a philosophy rooted in the concept that we are trying to get to a place, physically, where we are not only guests, but are very vulnerable ones down there underneath all that water with the fish... both those factors, kinda mixed together, producing an attitude that doesn’t have room for selfishness, or impatience, or pretence. :shock: :? :D

It’s either that... or maybe just that a bunch of weirdos, naturally attract even more weirdos...
kinda like a Star Trek convention... :P :lol:

Regardless, I’m truly proud to consider myself a part of the whole, and I want to thank all who attended for making it such a naturally good time. Thanks also to all of you for extending yourselves to my friend David who came along with me, and for making him feel both welcome and involved. Based on the size of his almost constant grin, I’m thinking we set a pretty good hook there, and it will likely be the first of many VDH appearances to come. :mrgreen:

Live Long and Prosper,
Fred

p.s. – EXCELLENT picture, Jillian! :D :D :D
Freddo
NAVED member #201

Bryan
Plank Owner

Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:17 pm

Just wanted to thank everyone who attended Sand Dog X in person or at least in spirit :) Events like Sand Dog and small businesses like VDH don't happen on their own.....Nor do they happen because of one person. It's because of you the double hose diver and our diverse global community that we've been successful enough to make it 10 years. I am indeed fortunate to have such great friends and customers who keep things interesting with rarely a dull moment. Each year we grow and expand and I look forward to celebrating a Sand Dog XX with you. And remember kids.....Friends don't let friends dive single hoses.

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:51 pm

Bryan wrote:Just wanted to thank everyone who attended Sand Dog X in person or at least in spirit :) Events like Sand Dog and small businesses like VDH don't happen on their own.....Nor do they happen because of one person. It's because of you the double hose diver and our diverse global community that we've been successful enough to make it 10 years. I am indeed fortunate to have such great friends and customers who keep things interesting with rarely a dull moment. Each year we grow and expand and I look forward to celebrating a Sand Dog XX with you. And remember kids.....Friends don't let friends dive single hoses.
Do I get a pass for diving my Aquamatic? LOL :wink:

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”