Re: vintage divers in Cozumel

Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:30 pm

Here are some topside pictures.

The DM’s

Jesus

Pepe

The Reef Star

Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

couv
Master Diver

Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:57 pm

Bryan wrote:When I got to Cozumel I was told there was a new diver in my close circle of dive buddies who we would be diving with all week. By force of habit my instructor instinct kicks in and wonder if the FNG will be an asset or a liability to the group...Will they be a sand digger, arm swimmer, bicycle kicker, out of control mess. Or will they be calm cool collected with their gear configured to a T as well as being competent and capable to help someone out if the need arises.

Our new dive buddy Couv fits the latter description to a T. :D :D

Very glad to have finally met him in person and even happier he joined our group.
I hope we didn't scare him off and he chooses to dive with us again real soon!
Bryan, thank you for the kind words.

Everyone in the group was very helpful-not to mention excellent divers. Meeting and diving with you and the rest of the gang was truly was a real joy. So no, you've not scared me off-but I may have to delay my plans to retire as I see a new regulator and hopefully some more trips in the future.....and if James doesn't stop posting those exciting pictures, I might be shelling out for a bit of photography equipment too.

FNG
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

Herman
VDH Moderator

Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:11 pm

Robert, good to hear you had a good time. This is a great bunch of divers and a somewhat close knit family. You need to make plans to join us at Sand Dog next spring.
Herman

couv
Master Diver

Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:03 pm

The elusive engine block. Thanks to Drado for helping me sort out my photo attaching dilemma.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:44 pm

I checked your code and it looks right ??? Let's give it a minute...May be a Photo Bucket problem...
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Drado
Master Diver
First Name: Eduardo

Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:54 pm

Seems to work... Might need resizing though.

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:24 pm

Couv, something is amiss with your permissions because I used my Moderator super powers to place one of my images in your post and it would not display and yet if I pull your image and place it in my post, bang, it goes, I asked Bryan to look into it further than I seem smart enough to.

That engine block was amazing. Luis, and others, kept going on about this stupid engine block. Like, OK, I flew 1,000 miles to dive an engine block, I can do that in Table Rock, what the deal :mrgreen: . Well, let me say, the engine block is like a moray condo with a sign on top blinking, Moray Condo, Octopus Welcome. At least one of every kind of moray there was cohabiting the engine block and several octopus in the cylinders, just for fun.

Beats me, never seen anything like it before---amazing.

When I go back, first thing I am doing is heading to the engine block---with my camera this time :shock: .

Nem

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:36 pm

Nemrod wrote:
That engine block was amazing. Luis, and others, kept going on about this stupid engine block. Like, OK, I flew 1,000 miles to dive an engine block, I can do that in Table Rock, what the deal :mrgreen: . Well, let me say, the engine block is like a moray condo with a sign on top blinking, Moray Condo, Octopus Welcome. At least one of every kind of moray there was cohabiting the engine block and several octopus in the cylinders, just for fun.

When I go back, first thing I am doing is heading to the engine block---with my camera this time :shock: .

Nem
:lol: :lol: :lol:

There were 4 different morays, at least one octopus in a cylinder that was always their and many juveniles.

I have a great video of a high-hat juvenile doing its little dance right in front of the engine block... I just need the time to learn how to edit and up-load these videos. :?
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:45 pm

Nemrod wrote:Couv, something is amiss with your permissions because I used my Moderator super powers to place one of my images in your post and it would not display and yet if I pull your image and place it in my post, bang, it goes, I asked Bryan to look into it further than I seem smart enough to.
Nem
First I have run across this problem and I don't know how to fix it...I will ask the site admin if he can help....
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

couv
Master Diver

Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:54 am

Thanks guys, I thought it my be my FNG status, but I've actually been around for a while-just haven't posted much.

BTW I'm having the same issue here:
http://www.vintagedoublehose.com/forum/ ... 300#p57300

wilbkr1
Skin Diver
First Name: William

Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:28 pm

Hello Couv,

Wanted to let you know I'm looking into the issue. I will send you a PM with updates and requests for you when I start testing. Have a great day!
Three choices in life - Live with it - Change it or get out of it.
Just that simple!

ivan's mermaid
Master Diver

Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:23 pm

Hi Everyone: I've been busy doing all sorts of things since we've been back and I've had a few snafu's trying to get these photos sized right to post.
I know James didn't get into to many pictures, here's one of him where he almost made it.
Here he is, along with his better half.
Me and Rob
Me and MC
Luis and Christine
The Three Amigos
And since Rob missed Bob so very much, the house keepers made him feel right at home.
We really had a nice time, I'll try to share more photos....Thanx Luis for getting us all together, I loved diving with everyone and eating too much coconut icecreme.

couv
Master Diver

Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:04 pm

wilbkr1 wrote: Hello Couv,

Wanted to let you know I'm looking into the issue. I will send you a PM with updates and requests for you when I start testing. Have a great day!
Thanks Wilbkr1
Nemrod wrote: Couv, something is amiss with your permissions because I used my Moderator super powers to place one of my images in your post and it would not display and yet if I pull your image and place it in my post, bang, it goes, I asked Bryan to look into it further than I seem smart enough to.
Thanks James, one of the Big Dogs is looking into it.
Nemrod wrote: That engine block was amazing. Luis, and others, kept going on about this stupid engine block. Like, OK, I flew 1,000 miles to dive an engine block, I can do that in Table Rock, what the deal :mrgreen: . Well, let me say, the engine block is like a moray condo with a sign on top blinking, Moray Condo, Octopus Welcome. At least one of every kind of moray there was cohabiting the engine block and several octopus in the cylinders, just for fun.

Nem
......that ought to learn you to carry your camera. Just as I learned one dive when the spotted eagle ray hovered in front of us for a couple of minutes-still cursing myself for being too lazy to take my camera-I was sure James was on top of it.

The engine block is yet another example where man's discards can actually have a positive effect on the environment. In fact, the whole area behind SCC can be thought of that way.

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”