Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Sand Dog IX Information.

Wed May 30, 2012 10:56 am

There is enough circus here now without inviting the side show.... :roll:

Now back to talking about Panama City Beach and Sand Dog IX
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Wed May 30, 2012 8:20 pm

On a more serious note, leaving behind my co-conspirator, on Friday I assume we are attempting to dive at the Jetty? If so are we going to try to get part of the pavilion or just go and blow as it comes up? I only ask because I know it is going to be hot if there is any sun and hopefully it is sunny and hot. Is it possible to bring those pop up shades or in retrospect, maybe too much trouble.

Nem

Bryan
Plank Owner

Wed May 30, 2012 8:59 pm

I am sorry but I don't know anything about reserving a spot or anything like that...I have a small pop up cabana I can bring but it would only shelter a couple of folks...
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Popeye
Master Diver

Wed May 30, 2012 9:02 pm

Nemrod
Sounds like a good idea,how about you take care of that detail, better get there early.

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Wed May 30, 2012 11:33 pm

Bryan, sorry, I think you misunderstood, there is no reserving space, it is first come first serve. I was just thinking it might be possible to get some room under it if one or two of us get there early.

Popeye, I will see if I can do that, kind of like at the movie show, though, only so many seats one person can reserve before a fight ensues, I hear Bryan is good for that though, lol (just kidding). It is not a big deal either way, they make sun screen and bring a big hat! Yes, I will try and get there very early, no promises, after all, frankly, if the locals do not think much of it, then neither will I. I am not sure I will have room to bring a cabana. Bryan, hey, do not go to that trouble (to bring pop up cabana) unless you were already planning to as it might not even be possible or practical and a PITA.

I was just loading up and saw my cabana and was going, hmmmmm, but probably not enough room, thinking out loud. I was to have left for the Keys last Saturday but I delayed that trip due to bad weather in SFl. I will do that hopefully in July, so just SD this trip, leaving Saturday morning. I am bringing my manatee spear :P . I might be banned before SD even begins.

Come here little manatee, just a little closer:

Signing off, until we meet again, hopefully see some of you at SD.

Nem

captain
Plank Owner

Thu May 31, 2012 10:18 am

I can bring a pop up canopy if the Floridians don't revolt because of LSU on it.
Captain

8dust
Master Diver

Thu May 31, 2012 10:25 am

Me too. :)
Freddo
NAVED member #201

Bryan
Plank Owner

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:05 am

Today we visit the Navy Experimental Diving Unit here in Panama City and in the afternoon we tour The Dive Lab and observe as Mike does some ANSI testing on a Phoenix equipped regulator. Previous test results were outstanding! Can't wait to see if the updates have made significant improvements.
Big thanks Bernie for putting both events together for us!!

Bryan
Plank Owner

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:12 pm

Today was diving at the Jetty in Panama City Beach. Weather was overcast but it kept thing cooler. Evening festivities were at J Michael's in PCB....I think we had a total of 23 in attendance.

Robohips77
Master Diver

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:45 pm

Some of the Sand Dog Divers leaving the dock for a three hour tour with the Dive Locker Crew.
First dives? 1967 and I never lost the fever.

8dust
Master Diver

Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:09 am

HOLY FRANKS & BEANS that was a was a wild ride!
I won't forget that day of diving for a very long time.... :shock:

Took a bunch of crab legs to get that taste out of my mouth. :? :o :roll:
Freddo
NAVED member #201

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”