USdiver
Master Diver

Re: SEA HUNT LIVE! 2011

Sun May 22, 2011 9:00 am

Gentlemen,

Enjoy, and don't forget to post lots of pictures of your exploits. We all want to attend in spirit if not in person.

I had a VERY good day yesterday and scored not one, not two, but three Voit double hose regulators in complete and rebuildable original condition. :shock: They are: 1) a 1959 - 1960 VCR-5, Fifty Fathom single stage with blue metal body and chrome Tinnerman clamps, 2) a 1961 VCR-2, Fifty Fathom single stage with the satin (intake can) and chrome (exhaust can) body, and 3) a Black Label V-66 Navy, two stage, chrome body, made in France circa 1962 - 1963. All have their original hoses, mouthpieces, dust caps, etc, but the rubber is no longer useable. The Navy needs a re-chrome as well as a rebuild, so I'm sure that I'll be in touch with Dave as well as Bryan in the next few months. I'd like to get at least one of these beauties ready for Portage in August.

George
Too DAAM Many double hoses, It's not a hobby, it's an addiction.

kgehring
Master Diver

Sun May 22, 2011 12:44 pm

Great find!

I will have a couple extra tanks for the Sea Hunt Cast if needed.
http://www.scubamuseum.com
Over 400 vintage regulators in my collection

Herman
VDH Moderator

Sun May 22, 2011 5:34 pm

I am pleased to be able to attend this event as well. I spent the weekend tuning up my gear and getting my weights just right....things went great but I do think some folks at the quarry were wonderinng why I kept "cutting" my hose, blowing bubbles in mock distress and then putting it back together....I will have half a dozen or so cut hose adapters along if anyone wants them..
Herman

Aileron
Master Diver
First Name: Lisa

Sun May 22, 2011 9:46 pm

Herman wrote:I am pleased to be able to attend this event as well. I spent the weekend tuning up my gear and getting my weights just right....things went great but I do think some folks at the quarry were wonderinng why I kept "cutting" my hose, blowing bubbles in mock distress and then putting it back together....I will have half a dozen or so cut hose adapters along if anyone wants them..
I would have liked to have been a fly on the back window of their car on the drive home :D

I'd like to see how all you guys put the technical stuff together, after the show, of course. I don't want to spoil it!
The Kids: Royal Mistral, Voit Faux 50 Fathom, Jet Air, PRAM x 2, Snark III Silver, DA, Healthways, DA Non Mag
NAVED #205

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Tue May 24, 2011 11:06 am

Pre SEA HUNT LIVE dive gathering at Ginnie Springs Wednesday!

http://ginniespringsoutdoors.com/dive.php
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Bryan
Plank Owner

Thu May 26, 2011 1:07 pm

Sea Hunt Live gets some press! Great article!

http://www.ocala.com/article/20110526/A ... 9837?tc=cr
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Bryan
Plank Owner

Thu May 26, 2011 1:18 pm

Kemps Cow dives Ginnie Springs in preparation for his U/W performance as Mike Nelson.

Robohips77
Master Diver

Thu May 26, 2011 9:45 pm

All is good in Silver Springs. Jerry has been investigating the local area once again and has located the motel that Mike Nelson stayed in 50 years ago in the" Lady in the Trunk" episode. Moo says the COW. He has pictures and rumor has it that he may go over and sleep in the same room that Mike Nelson slept in. Hope its not the same bed!!!! :lol:
Joe the neon signs are here and one is in the window! Fred Morrison memorial plaque is here also and will be at the meeting tomorrow night, Aileron, the triples are here also. Rumor has it Karl, Rick and Scuba Lady, from Indy are here. Hope to see them soon. Drift dive in Santa Fe was well worth the efforts!!!! Guess what room we are in.
First dives? 1967 and I never lost the fever.

kgehring
Master Diver

Thu May 26, 2011 10:00 pm

Yes the Indy trio arrived this morning and dropped the Divers Supply Indy trailer and left for some shopping and to visit a special friend nearby. He is on the road to recovery from cancer and we had a great meeting and dinner. Also bought 7 cool dive knives for scubamuseum.com! Got a line on several other vintage goodies that will be purchased in the near future for my museum.
http://www.scubamuseum.com
Over 400 vintage regulators in my collection

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sat May 28, 2011 10:59 pm

Day one of Sea Hunt Live was great! Lots of local media coverage, boats were full, lots of great underwater action. Here are a few topside pictures of today and the group at tonights gathering.

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Sun May 29, 2011 5:32 pm

- Thanks so much for posting the pictures. I'm checking in almost hourly to see how its going... I watched Girl In a Trunk to see the motel Jerry is staying at!
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Sun May 29, 2011 6:52 pm

RE: TANK FILLING PHOTO...

I'm sure glad to see that someone else still fills their tanks in water to keep the pressure loss to a minimum! We seem to be in the minority these days, but I sure like the extra 200 psi that I end up with in my steels. Don't believe everything the chrome & glass dive "boutiques" tell you about that.
The older I get the better I was.

crimediver
Master Diver

Sun May 29, 2011 8:11 pm

Yeah, the law of physics is helpful getting a few more PSI. Just gotta be sure to keep the water out and everything is good. I hate being handed a set of hot tanks by the fill monkey.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sun May 29, 2011 8:33 pm

Jerry is staying at a 2005 model Holiday Inn Express.....Although we did spend a lot of time with Dottie "The Girl In The Trunk" herself over the past few days. I know there are a lot of pictures of her and the other original Sea Hunt cast that was at the event.

My Alkin W-31 ran 6.5 hours without stopping yesterday and filled all the singles, doubles and triples that could be thrown at it. Keeping them cool was a must!

Can't wait for folks to get all the video and photos out for everyone to see.

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Mon May 30, 2011 8:10 am

- I took the Mistral Sea Hunt Tribute regulator diving and it worked great. I pulled it out of my dive bag still wet and dirty from the lake to take this picture. You can still see some water drops and dirt in the corrugations... And, I have the mouthpiece on right side up! :D
- Since it IS my tribute to Sea Hunt , I thought it fitting to post this little test dive report here. I sure wish I was at Silver Springs diving this regulator with the Sea Hunt Live! crew!
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”