Vintagediver
Master Diver

Re: August Portage Legends Weekend

Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:10 pm

Once again here I am wondering where those 2 days at Portage went so fast after waiting all year for this event. Unfortunately I'm not able to attend other events like Sand Dog; so I really look forward to each year at Portage, and once again I had a great time this year as always. I really enjoy getting to see everyone again and also meeting new people as well. We all should be very greatful to Jeff Rice, VDH and all the other sponsors of this event; which gives us the opportunity each year to attend some great programs, and to share the love that each of us have for vintage equipment and diving. Every year when I return home from this event I can't help but think about what a great time I had; how good it was to see all of you and dive with you again; and then also realize just how proud I am to be a diver and to be able to share that camaraderie that there is amongst divers. I would also like to say "THANKS" to Gary for the great performance that he put on saturday night which helped make this years event even more enjoyable. AND; let's also not forget the great dinner that we all shared together at Portage on Saturday evening with "PAPA VAN FRANKO'S" Pizza. What a Chef! :lol: Take care; safe diving to all of you, and can't wait till next year! Terry
The friendship of many has been inspired and created while together we've explored beneath the waves the wonders of God's creation.

NAVED Member #137
Member of The 2016, 2017 Sea Hunt Forever Dive Team

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:21 pm

That is right a big thanks goes out to Bryan who bought like 40 Pizzas for us while we dived!

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:56 pm

That was Roger Van Franko that made all the pizza magically appear! Timing could not have been better....THANKS ROGER
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

kgehring
Master Diver

Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:23 am

Here is a sample of Gary's performance:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TvjUH-3qXg[/youtube]
http://www.scubamuseum.com
Over 400 vintage regulators in my collection

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:24 am

Another great Portage Event ends with a BANG.......The event is as much about getting together with fellow vintage divers and experimenting and trying out gear as it is the actual diving.
Having a professional musician and entertainer on Saturday night really added a plus and a nice addition to the event.

Gary needs to bring his guitar and mad skills to Bonaire!! I am sure he will draw a crowd nightly and Ron and I promise to leave our lighters at home and not yell "PLAY SOME SKYNYRD" at the end of every song.... :lol:

Thanks to all our friends new and old who attended and I look forward to seeing all of you there next year.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:14 am

Bryan wrote:... Ron and I promise to leave our lighters at home and not yell "PLAY SOME SKYNYRD" at the end of every song.... :lol: ...
I can actually picture this happening. :wink: :lol:

Sounds and looks like a great time was had by all. Thanks to all who have shared their Portage experiences on VDH. 8)
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:44 pm

JES wrote:
Bryan wrote:... Ron and I promise to leave our lighters at home and not yell "PLAY SOME SKYNYRD" at the end of every song.... :lol: ...
I can actually picture this happening. :wink: :lol:

Sounds and looks like a great time was had by all. Thanks to all who have shared their Portage experiences on VDH. 8)
That's because we actually did that at Portage... :lol:
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

floatingpi
Lung Diver
First Name: Mike

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:08 pm

I am really regretting not being able to make it up there and meet some of you guys. I am just about to start my student teaching (last step yea!) and was so busy getting all of that all lined up I missed out. Oh well there is always next year I guess. Looks like you guys had a blast!

Ron
Site Admin

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:05 pm

We always have a good time man. For how abrasive we seem on the board from time to time, we are actually 10 times more abrasive in person. Actually, I am kidding. I think you will find the people in this little club are probably about some of the nicest people that you will meet. 8)

kgehring
Master Diver

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:31 pm

Here is a pic of Ron in action:
http://www.scubamuseum.com
Over 400 vintage regulators in my collection

Ron
Site Admin

Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:56 am

Thanks Karl. Man, what is it about Portage that makes me hungry for pizza and bangsticks? :shock:

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”