Photos and Dive Report
- Well, we hit the absolute PEAK Weekend on the Fall Colors dive trip to Fortune Pond. Highways all the way over were lined with brilliant reds, oranges, yellows and greens in all shades and degrees of brightness. Like a painters pallet.
- Attendance was surprisingly good. There were: Me, my wife Jill, SwimJim, Sheriffdiver Ron, Eric P and his brother, and a re-breather diver Mark.
- Regulators dove: SwimJim, Ron, and I all dove our Trieste double hose regulators. I dove both of my 50 Fathoms, Royal Master, and V2 Snark III. Ron dove his single hose Dolphin (with good guys outfit from Thunderball), UDS-1, Faux Royal Mistral, V2 Snark, and others. SwimJim dove a bit of everything, too.. Including a tech dive with his Kraken. Eric and Mark dove re-breathers.
- Thoughts in general: My Trieste worked fine... A little harder breathing than a DAAM but I found that if I felt out of breath, I could stop and catch my breath by breathing faster as long as my lungs weren't tired. My two 50 Fathom regs worked exceptionally well... I should dive them more often. Same with the V2 Snark III. And finally re-breathers... I always expect re-breather divers to be doing something extreme... LIke long, deep, decompression stop dives. But this fellow Mark just sport dives with his re-breather. In fact I buddied with him on one of my vintage dives.
- Final thoughts: SwimJim is the world champion Chili maker of Fortune Pond!
Above: Eric P and his Brother w/Eric's Re-Breather
Above: Ron SheriffDiver Cousteau
Above: Ron SheriffDiver showing off his UDS-1 and yellow striped vintage style suit.
Above: Ron SheriffDiver showing off his latest Thunderball good guys dive equipment.
Another Look at the Coolness...
(Sandals protect his sole-less booties)
Above: SwimJim diving his Voit Swimaster Trieste II with Twin 72s
Above: SheriffDiver Ron w/Earlier Thunderball Red Suit and theme gear.
Above: SheriffDiver and SurfLung... Tank bottoms should be seen, fondled, and bootless!
Above: Sheriffdiver and SurfLung
Above: SwimJim and SurfLung
Above: NewtSuit used to dive 565 feet down to recover the Ship's Bell from the Edmund Fitzgerald. Jill and I traveled
up to WhiteFish bay after Fortune Pond and visited the ShipWreck Museum. SheriffDiver Ron doesn't have one of these... YET!
- Thank you to my wife Jill for photography!