Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

New Double Hose Diver H20doctor

Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:30 pm

I accidentally deleted instead of moving his post....Sorry about that

New double Hose Owner

Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:05 pm

Hello , my name is Chris , AKA H20doctor ... i have been diving in washington state now since 2001 and as of last March i am now a Double Hose diver also..
It all started with my annual dive trip to sitka alaska to dive with Sitkadiver and friends ... I was able to try and dive the Kraken , and from there i was Hooked .. I came home after my trip and started searching on Ebay for a double hose system to fix and dive... I found a aqua Lung , and then purchased the up graded Phoenix first stage, new hoses , and sent it up to sitka diver... He then cleaned it and put everything together , and shipped it back to me ...
I dive it pretty Much dive it 1x a week... i have had it down to 135 feet .. it breaths different from my regs.. kinda like diving in a toilet bowl , with the bubbles Gurgling behind my head ... I love diving it , and its fun to see other divers ask me what it is .... best part is the Jack the frogman sticker !!
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Re: New Double Hose Diver H20doctor

Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:44 pm

best part is the Jack the frogman sticker !!

Wow, super cool! Post a picture of that!

Jim

H20doctor
First Name: chris

Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:47 pm

so here are the pics ... from the thread ....

thank you to Bryan for his help on getting Me set up with parts and this website ...

H20doctor
First Name: chris

Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:00 am

Here is the sticker

and the stamp from France

sitkadiver
Master Diver
First Name: Dave

Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:32 pm

Hey Chris,

Glad you logged on to VDH. I already shared your Sitka video, but I'll post it here again so folks know where to find you on YouTube.

If you ever read through some of my older posts you'll find yourself referred to as the video guy and the dive light builder. Ha Ha.....

Hope all is well and I'll call soon.

Dave

Here is H2ODoc's Sitka video: There's a lot more footage floating around somewhere, but a certain someone has been too busy diving to do any editing.... :roll:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an-ADPDsbns[/video]
I do not believe in taking unnecessary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living. - Charles Lindbergh

sitkadiver
Master Diver
First Name: Dave

Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:56 pm

H20doctor wrote:so here are the pics ... from the thread ....

thank you to Bryan for his help on getting Me set up with parts and this website ...

Also, When I was putting Chris's regulator together, I did not have an extra mouthpiece. Becuase VDH was testing and looking to get the DSV in the store, I kept the origianal moutpiece on the reg. I'm going to recommend a DSV the Chris, he does a lot of shore diving in Puget Sound, so I think it would be a VERY worthwhile investment.

http://vintagedoublehose.com/store/#!/A ... ry=2220726
I do not believe in taking unnecessary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living. - Charles Lindbergh

Return to “New Vintage Equipment Diver's Forum”