jconley
Skin Diver
First Name: Jeff

Re: What would your advice be ?

Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:03 pm

Bryan wrote:After we get some replies to the post I'll add more information..This is an actual question I received the other day. It is not a knock on the diver! He was smart enough to ask the question which I give him an A+ for. This is something that all divers new to double hose can learn from. (probably a few experienced ones as well)

Good afternoon gentlemen,
After having rebuilt my DA Aqua master using the Cyclone first stage and HPR second stage, I was able to take it to the quarry today. I thought I had it tuned properly, but breathing was somewhat difficult. The IP is set to 135, but not having the proper gauges to measure the cracking pressure, is there a trick/bench test way to set the second stage cracking pressure, other than trial and error? Otherwise, it performed flawless, thanks for having the parts to rebuild this unit.
Hi Bryan,
Thought from a total novice. I haven't even been diving with a DH regulator.

People are use to wearing back packs (for camping, hiking, etc). They feel right when they ride up high on the back. So when we put on SCUBA tanks we naturally look for the same feel. We also don't like the tank riding so low that it hits our legs. I have see suggestions on the forum to wear as small a tank as you can for the particular dive. Good advise. With a SH regulator we can get away with riding the pack as high as we can with out it putting a crator in to the back of our heads. So basically the comment is it doesn't feel right with the DH regulator properly placed on the back. I realize I am stating the obvious to this group.

But, maybe the feel needs to be pointed out to us newbees.

I Hope this was of some value.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:13 pm

Correct regulator placement is covered ad nauseum in most sections of the website forum and in the website store where applicable. If there is an area where the information is lacking please let me know and I will add it.
If divers new to double hose start at double hose 101 it is hard to miss.

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=8393

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

kworkman
Master Diver
First Name: Keith

Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:58 pm

Before I even bought my first DH, I read through all the FAQs and printed off prints about proper tank placement and how different a DH performs compared to a SH. Always research before you make a purchase (of course I still ask plenty of stupid questions that could easily be answered if I just took the time to research the forum).

I ended up selling all my 72s because they were to long and kept banging the backs of my legs. I have 2 sets of mini doubles now that ride low and feel great. It is awkward out of the water but feels fine in the water.

Return to “New Vintage Equipment Diver's Forum”