kworkman
Master Diver
First Name: Keith

Pilot Club

Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:38 pm

So I found a nice surprise on my porch today from George Perez. Its been a few years since I sent it in but I finally have a working Pilot. All it took was a cleaning, polish and some orings. Now I just need to go dive. It has been way to long. And if anyone knows George I need to get ahold of him so I can pay him. His Facebook messenger won't let me connect and all I have is the return address. I'll probably just send payment that way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Greg Barlow
VDH Moderator
First Name: Greg

Re: Pilot Club

Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:35 pm

Welcome to the dark side....

I make it a point to dive my MK5/Pilot a few times each year. You’ll be amazed at the cracking effort, as it is virtually non-existent.

Congratulations!
Greg Barlow
PADI Assistant Instructor
TDI Adv. EAN
TDI Decompression Procedures
IANTD Full Cave
NSS/CDS Full Cave

kworkman
Master Diver

Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:43 pm

He set it to 140. Have you ever met George? 91 years old and still rebuilding regs. I also have parts for another pilot if anyone needs some.

couv
Master Diver

Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:29 pm

Nice example of an unconverted Pilot. Divers who like them-love them. I've never warmed up to them for some reason even though the one I had breathed very well.

I see George's return address on the box. Why not just send him a check?
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

kworkman
Master Diver

Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:42 pm

Yeah check is in the mail. Just wanted to let him know I got the package and money was on the way

USdiver
Master Diver

Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:58 pm

They are the best of the best. A single hose that truly deserves all the praise it gets.

Keith, next season you need to dive with me and Greg at the quarry in Washington Court House. It will be a three Pilot gathering, probably the most in decades.
Too DAAM Many double hoses, It's not a hobby, it's an addiction.

kworkman
Master Diver

Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:28 pm

I just need to dive anywhere. I havent seen you guys in so long I forget what you all look like! Between work and 2 young girls I dont have much me time.

Return to “Vintage Scubapro Regulators”