Miguel
First Name: Miguel

BEGINING...

Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:06 pm

Hello SP fans!
My name is Miguel from México and altough diving for many years I'm knowing vintage scuba till now and remember me when my love for the sea began...
My first project will be service and update a 108 and a 109. I don't have any experience whereby I will glad your recommendations.
My questions are: could be 108 be a balanced upgrade?
I have a G250 not serviced in years, could be used de 109A&B kit for g250 service?
I'm ordering an adjusting tool, poppet tool (3 slots), an IP gauge and an Oring pick.... will I need some special extra tools?
Thanks four your help

Ps sorry for my broken english

Herman
VDH Moderator

Re: BEGINING...

Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:23 pm

Welcome to the board Miguel.

The 108 can not be balanced but is easily serviced. The 109 can be converted to make it balanced but in my opinion, it is not worth the effort unless you need to replace the internal parts of the 109 for some other reason. Balancing it increases its complexity slightly but does not improve it's performance by a lot, esp if it is attached to a balanced first stage like a MK-5 or 10.

No problem with your English, its a lot better than my Spanish. :)
Herman

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:51 pm

Miguel,

Bienvenido a la junta.

Mark
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Miguel
First Name: Miguel

Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:18 am

Thanks for your welcome Herman and Mark!
As Herman said I'll combine with a mk5 or mk10.

What is your recommendation between both?
I use to dive in over 60*F and want to replace my modern Regs. I like the 5th port for doubles config and preferable using DIN.... 5 or 10?

Herman
VDH Moderator

Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:45 pm

At 60 Deg F , any reg is fine as far as temp is concerned. Mk5 vs MK10, I would go with which ever one you find that best suits your needs. I would take a nice MK5 over a MK10 in poor condition and vise versa. Performance wise, it makes little difference. Finding one with a DIN connection may be your biggest problem.
Herman

simonbeans
VDH Moderator
First Name: Allan

Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:47 pm

Miguel wrote:Thanks for your welcome Herman and Mark!
As Herman said I'll combine with a mk5 or mk10.

What is your recommendation between both?
I use to dive in over 60*F and want to replace my modern Regs. I like the 5th port for doubles config and preferable using DIN.... 5 or 10?
ARGONAUT KRAKKEN or PHOENIX with all the goodies. They don't freeze up. Plus the "way-cool" factor.
Check out my website: www.vintagescubastuff.com

scubapeter
Lung Diver
First Name: peter

Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:29 pm

If you decide on a Mk 10, it will take a universal scubapro DIN kit. The Mk 5 may be more difficult to outfit with a DIN fitting

Return to “Vintage Scubapro Regulators”