dutchfromtexas
Diver
First Name: John

Pilot service time

Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:36 pm

OK. I am going to have to rebuild my Pilot if I want to really use it. This means I am going to need to replace all of the o-rings. Is there a register of all of the o-rings used in the Pilot, complete with the physical sizes so I can try to source them where ever I can find them. Thanks.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Pilot service time

Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:41 pm

From the VDH manuals and catalogs section.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cg2u78dd1y5ik ... T.jpg?dl=0

If your Pilot is working I'd leave well enough alone. Are you sure it's still a Pilot or has it been changed to Air 1 specs? Many of them were converted before they left the dive shop.

Many places on the net have a cross reference guide to Scubapro O-rings......Couv or Luis might have one handy they could post??
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

dutchfromtexas
Diver

Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:15 pm

I have the converted (which I use most of the time) as well as the original Pilot. I would just like to get the Pilot up and running like new again. Thanks for the links.

dutchfromtexas
Diver

Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:20 pm

I have that exploded view from an seminar that Renee from ScubaPro did for a crusty group out of Texas about 15 years ago. And I have a copy of Regulator Saavy as well.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:03 pm

Then all you need is the O ring cross reference guide. I know it's on SB in many places....I just don't have it here for some reason. Next time I run across it I'll put it in the download section.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

dutchfromtexas
Diver

Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:17 pm

I googled with no success... Did not look into SB. I guess I will have to go over there...

couv
Master Diver

Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:25 am

When I get a bit of time, I'll try to put together an annotated diagram for the AIR 1/Pilot. In the meantime, I'll send Bryan a copy of the latest cross reference spreadsheet.

Edit:
I've looked up the part numbers, but I no longer have any AIR 1 or Pilots to verify the info, so if any of you sharpies have corrections to make, please do so and I'll update the list.

For the AIR 1 you'll need the following o-rings in addition to the seals for the hose.
Refer to the AIR diagram.
SP Item number)------------------O-ring size

7) -223
20) -013 (2 each)
22) 5-125 (non standard size) which is a 4.57mm i.d. X 1.02mm c.s. for the poppet
or if you have the modular poppet
2.2mm i.d. X 1.0 c.s. (same as an s-wing balance poppet found on the G250 et al)
26) -017
29) -022
34) -116
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:18 am

Links to Scubapro O-ring charts. Thanks Couv!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/inhr2up6tp2mf ... t.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fjh85u0suwrov ... 3.xls?dl=0

Be sure you download both files after you open them. Dropbox does not display the Excel file correctly but it will open on your PC fine after download so you can see the model reference at the top.

dutchfromtexas
Diver

Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:32 pm

Thanks guys. I am hoping to get the Pilot done and dive it in June in the Azores! I will make sure there are some pics made... Unfortunately, my Pilot was one that did not sit on a shelf and was actually used...i.e. it has the attendant scratches and dents, unlike Bronze06's

Return to “Vintage Scubapro Regulators”