REDWINEPETER
Diver
First Name: Peter

Scubapro Pilot + Air1

Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:31 pm

In 1954 in Australia the second single hose regulator was invented by Jim Ager. It was marketed as SEA BEE by his company AIRDIVE.
When Scubapro came onto the market Jim had a close working relationship with them to the point they offered to buy his company. Jim declined but became Scubapro's exclusive Australian distributor for many years.
I have found many schematic's from Scubapro of their products in amongst the old paperwork.
In amongst the old stock at Airdive which the current owner has given me i found a fair amount of Scubapro parts etc.
Being a Scubapro virgin except for my current MK25/A700 system i have been reading various forums to gain knowledge.
I noticed some comments of why convert a Pilot to Air1? Well i found paperwork from Scubapro that they actually made a kit for this to be done. (go to link below)
I am building a parts list of all the items i have and many suit Air1.
I have a parts list of Pilot from TJ Moran but it is not readable. If someone could help i would appreciate it.
I will be happy to make parts available to the community one i can identify them all.
Included are 2 new Pilot bodies and countless Air1 bodies. And about 3 complete Air1 units.
Dropbox link below.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7fh7ro8cjlz2 ... -Tn-a?dl=0

More information about Sea Bee at
http://[email protected]
I will hopefully open a forum subject on Sea Bee soon as i will be offering parts at no charge on some items if others have one of these units.

couv
Master Diver

Re: Scubapro Pilot + Air1

Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:46 pm

The AIR 1 and Pilot schematics are available at vintagedoublehose.com Not easy to find as they are not labeled. Make your way to the VDH site, find catalogs and schematics->scubapro->second stages and look for the picture.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3ivtrwy58u7n ... 6Z3Da?dl=0
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

REDWINEPETER
Diver
First Name: Peter

Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:33 pm

Found them. Pilot is nice and clear - Many Thanks

dutchfromtexas
Diver
First Name: John

Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:39 pm

I clicked on your dropbox link but received a 404 back. Could you post the link again? I might be interested in some of the parts as I have an Air1 and a Pilot.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:30 pm

dutchfromtexas wrote:I clicked on your dropbox link but received a 404 back. Could you post the link again? I might be interested in some of the parts as I have an Air1 and a Pilot.
Seems to be working fine for me on tablet and phone. Please try again
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

dutchfromtexas
Diver
First Name: John

Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:00 pm

Sorry Brian, yours worked fine. It was Peter's link that gave the 404...

IanCraddock
First Name: Ian

Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:06 pm

Hi, any chance that you have a new dive/pre dive switch for the air 1? Need to put a new o-ring in mine. Know scubapro said it was not reusable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “Vintage Scubapro Regulators”