Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

About Greg Barlow

Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:44 pm

Greg is our vintage Scubapro regulator forum moderator, as well as the moderator of its parent forum for all vintage single hose gear. He began scuba diving in 1974, and has collected Voit/Swimaster gear from his free diving start in 1972. His primary vintage diving interests are: Voit DH regulators, Swimaster SH regs produced between 1966-1981, Scubapro MK5 variations, and Voit/Swimaster gauges.

When not diving with vintage gear, he enjoys coral reef, cave, and ice diving. His favorite tropical dive location is Bonaire. Both he and his wife are enamored with its fantastic shore diving. The majority of his dives find him with a Canon S95 camera housed in an Ikelite case with a single AF35.

Greg was the Science Editor for Rodale's Scuba Diving Magazine from 2000-2002. The magazine was sold by Rodale's, and a new editorial staff was created by the new publisher. During his tenure, he wrote a monthly column entitled "Scuba Science", and periodically wrote other articles. One of his favorite articles was an in depth evaluation of training materials used by the major U.S. agencies.

Greg is known as "the lung" by friends due to his almost fictional surface air consumption rate, and we are lucky to has his expertise on the staff here at Vintage Double Hose. We hope you enjoy the Scubapro forum, which serves as a companion to the rebuild kits available in the store.
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: About Greg Barlow

Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:30 am

Good to have you here Greg and thanks for helping out. I expect Luis and Couv to be in here shortly and join in the festivities as time allows.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

couv
Master Diver

Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:30 am

Hi Greg,

Great to see you here. I became a ScubaPro fan around 1986 when I started working for a dive shop that sold them. I especially like the early balanced piston first stages due to their ease of service and high performance. Likewise, I am a fan of the 109 & Balance Adjustables for the same reasons; but one cannot discount their aesthetic value.

Having said that, the MK2 is about as simple and dependable as a fist stage can get so I keep one saddled on my little pony.

Couv

A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

Herman
VDH Moderator

Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:09 am

Nice to have Greg here, he is a long time friend from the board. I have had the pleasure of diving on Bonaire with him.....where he got me into deco on a single 80....with 1500psi remaining. :)
Herman

Return to “Vintage Scubapro Regulators”