Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Mark 7 Honker Timeline and Pictures

Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:43 am

Hey Folks,

Just some FYI for you MK 7 "Honker" fans.

The main thing to look for is the yoke and key thickness. In 1971, the 1st generation had a standard yoke that was capable of tank pressures of around 2600 psi, though many dove it with pressures of 2800 to 3000. Scubapro realizing that the industry tank pressures were on the rise to 3000 in and around 1977-78 started to increase the yoke thickness as seen on the 1978 model 2nd generation. This reg is more than capable of withstanding 3000 psi pressures, though it is not marked as such. Two years later, the 3rd and most beefy final variant in 1980 would be stamped with the 3000 psi pressure rating on its yoke. What started out as a beefy reg in the first place ended up SUPER BEEFY by 1980.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

Diverdon
Diver
First Name: Don

Re: Mark 7 Honker Timeline and Pictures

Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:18 am

Thanks for the information on the MK VII. I have two, a 2nd and 3rd generation. I believe some of the 2nd generation regulators were stamped 3000 also.
I do not need 2 of this type regulator so I recently listed this one on an auction site. I'm NOT trying to promote it here, I just want to show how they work (if the video loads) and that the yoke, which looks like your middle pic, the 2nd gen., has a 3000 stamp on the body. That, and I won't have this regulator to post additional photos for very long. Hope this helps.

Return to “Vintage Scubapro Regulators”