Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Re: 12 Years of Waiting for A Restored Scubapro Pilot

Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:11 am

:D :D :D :D :D :D Roger That!!!!

Antique Diver is looking like he is going to send me some in an envelope.

God I love this group of Scuba -philes

Thanks, Russ
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

Chris
Master Diver
First Name: Chris

Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:02 am

So I finally got back to reading my Regulator Savvy again, and reading the lengthly section on the pilot reminded me of taking mine apart and puting it back together before knowing even what it was. After reading Savvy, and understanding how it works, I'm now even more fascinated with it. The thought that went into it. That its totaly different than all the other regulators that keep claiming they came up with something new. Herman, have you designed a tool yet so I can change the pressed oring softseat?

Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:10 am

tripplec wrote:So I finally got back to reading my Regulator Savvy again, and reading the lengthly section on the pilot reminded me of taking mine apart and puting it back together before knowing even what it was. After reading Savvy, and understanding how it works, I'm now even more fascinated with it. The thought that went into it. That its totaly different than all the other regulators that keep claiming they came up with something new. Herman, have you designed a tool yet so I can change the pressed oring softseat?
I am right with you on how interesting and innovative the Pilot is. I can't wait to get mine back in the water. They breathe just wonderfully. I am going to use my Pilot as the primary 2nd on my MK "Plus" and a Balanced "109" as an Octo.
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:54 am

I sold lots of MK7's with a 109 orange octopus and Pilot primary's with At-Pac's. They were very expensive setups back then.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

couv
Master Diver

Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:29 pm

Hey Big Guy,

I've just sent you a file to add to your library. It is a parts diagram for the Pilot with the o-ring sizes annotated onto it. This is for the original Pilot, not the converted to AIR 1 model.
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:19 pm

couv wrote:Hey Big Guy,

I've just sent you a file to add to your library. It is a parts diagram for the Pilot with the o-ring sizes annotated onto it. This is for the original Pilot, not the converted to AIR 1 model.
Thank you, I'll get it uploaded tomorrow. Great addition to the files.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Return to “Vintage Scubapro Regulators”