bartbouse
First Name: Bart

scubapro mkv question

Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:07 pm

Picked up a scubapro mkv/r109. Has one hp and five lp ports. Nothing written on yoke. Does this indicate it is 2250 psi? Where can I find a 3000 psi yoke and is it worth it to replace. What is cost of 3000 psi yoke?

couv
Master Diver

Re: scubapro mkv question

Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:04 am

How about posting a few pictures?

If the turret has 5 l/p ports chances are you have the heavy yoke. The heavy yoke screw is 9/16" as opposed to the earlier 3/8" and 7/16" screw. I've used a thinner yoke on 3000psi + tanks with no problems. Even if the yoke has a problem, it will not shear and become a skull piercing missile. It would simply stretch a bit and cause a leak at the tank valve o-ring to regulator interface. If you are still concerned about it, I believe pretty much any SP yoke will fit the MK V.

BTW Bryan has the MK 5 and 109 schematics loaded in the "manuals" section. The Usual Suspects have annotated the diagrams with the o-ring sizes.
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

bartbouse
First Name: Bart

Re: scubapro mkv question

Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:54 pm

Thanks. That "skull piercing missile" thing clears up alot. I have a TUSA clone with 3000 psi yoke. I may steal it or just use the TUSA and set the other on the shelf.

Return to “Vintage Scubapro Regulators”