Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

Group Private Messages.

Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:30 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We recently had a group message storm occur on the board. This is where someone accidentally sends a private message to all forum members instead of just one. Then dozens of these people who have been accidentally erroneously reply to all forum members again with a post saying something to the effect of "I didn't message you. Why are you messaging me?" In an effort to alleviate a message storm from happening on our forum again, I have disabled group private messaging effective 1500R 2NOV14. I sympathize that some of you probably used this feature, but it makes our slice of the web run better without it. I apologize for any trouble that you had today while getting dozens to hundreds of message notifications.

Regards,

Ron
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Re: Group Private Messages.

Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:16 pm

slonda828 wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen,

We recently had a group message storm occur on the board. This is where someone accidentally sends a private message to all forum members instead of just one. Then dozens of these people who have been accidentally erroneously reply to all forum members again with a post saying something to the effect of "I didn't message you. Why are you messaging me?" In an effort to alleviate a message storm from happening on our forum again, I have disabled group private messaging effective 1500R 2NOV14. I sympathize that some of you probably used this feature, but it makes our slice of the web run better without it. I apologize for any trouble that you had today while getting dozens to hundreds of message notifications.

Regards,

Ron
No problem... it's always fun to hear from VDH Forum members even if I don't know what it's all about.
The older I get the better I was.

Return to “Website support”