Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

New forum rank structure

Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:06 pm

Hello all,

We have implemented a 6 part forum ranking system, versus the old 3 rank system. This encourages people to share their hard learned knowledge with the world, and it provides you with a few more ranks to show your experience. Here is how the new tiering system goes:

New Member: 0-9 posts
Diver: 10-24 posts
Skin Diver: 25-49 posts
Lung Diver: 50-74 posts
Vintage Diver: 75-99 posts
Master Diver: 100+ posts

We hope you have fun :wink:
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: New forum rank structure

Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:28 pm

I hate mentioning it as I'm sure many of you already know websites of this size cost $$$$ to operate and maintain. Having content helps expand what we are doing and gets picked up by more search engines thus brings in more traffic and potentially new divers.
Making it easier to post pictures should help as I know there are a lot of you out there wrenching on gear and going diving and I'd like for you to share it with the group!

:evil: There is no need to post more E-bay stuff....This only helps E-bay and the person selling it......I'm sure you would be PO'd if random folks started putting stuff in your yard for sale, asked you to keep an eye on it and promote it to people stopping to look at it for free.

Rant over....Post on :)
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:34 pm

Why not have a % of sales or a listing fee go to the board operations? You want to sell stuff here, you are using a service...
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:15 pm

rhwestfall wrote:Why not have a % of sales or a listing fee go to the board operations? You want to sell stuff here, you are using a service...
VDH Forum members and customers are always welcome to buy, sell and trade all their gear here for free. I want this to be where people come to get the best gear with a reasonable guarantee of everything being on the up and up.

What I'm trying to alleviate is the dozens of requests to join the forum so they can get two questions answered.

1. What's my crap worth.
2. Here is the link to my E-bay auction.

99.9% of them are not divers nor do they have anything to contribute to the group.

Always looking for ways to improve though!
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:25 am

How about something like 1 year of registration before access to those areas? Post count can be a false representation..... seen that fail miserably, and only chew up band width.
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

Return to “Website support”