Want To Buy / Need a Phoenix First Stage

Pre 1975 equipment only please.. NO E-Bay

Moderator: 1969ivan1

H20doctor

Want To Buy / Need a Phoenix First Stage

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:00 am

I am putting together a Da Aquamaster for my son to dive On , and Brain is out of stock till next year ... So Does any one have a Phoenix First Stage that they are Not using and would Sell to me ...

http://vintagedoublehose.com/store/#!/P ... ry=1964701

thank you ....

rhwestfall
Master Diver

Re: Want To Buy / Need a Phoenix First Stage

Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:35 am

no, not selling mine,...

What about setting it up with a Cyclone, Banjo, & Hookah Port adapter with a splitter? I believe all that is available in the store right now. I believe Rob also now has newly manufactured long yokes.

I put one together that way to keep the look. Kind of a "Wolf In Sheep's Clothing".....
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

H20doctor

Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:10 pm

well here in puget sound , i need 2 low pressure outs... one for the dry suit , and one for the Wing ... and Or BC ... So to use a vintage double hose here I need 3 outs .. 2 low pressure , and i High pressure ... realistically i need 3 Low pressure , cause i run a Reg on my neck with a bungie , for back up air ..

I see now what you are saying , after i did some reading and research ... i could run a low pressure splitter off the side port .. a 2 way or a 3 way ... and then just run a banjo fitting for my SPG ...

1969ivan1
Plank Owner

Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:11 pm

We also have some three way splitters for sale along with the new made long yokes.

rhwestfall
Master Diver

Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:52 pm

H20doctor wrote:I see now what you are saying , after i did some reading and research ... i could run a low pressure splitter off the side port .. a 2 way or a 3 way ... and then just run a banjo fitting for my SPG ...

Yep! :D

I've toyed with using a shorter hose, routing it over my shoulder to a splitter on the hose rather than the hookah port), then short qd hoses from the splitter to the LPI and DS, but you still need another available port for a regulator, so the splitter at the hookah seems necessary (though a two might rout better than a three). I use a three way right now if I'm in my dry suit. I will use first stage swivels to make hoses tuck or route better. YMMV.

The Phoenix is nice (I have one in DIN), but the cyclone is also quite effective. I'd strongly suggest the HPR if you are really wanting a great system.

Have fun!
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

Return to Vintage Only...Buy, Sell, Trade, Wanted